Airstream trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackSmith70

Hello, All,

I'm new to the forum, and am on a fact finding mission to help me determine what would best suit my family in terms of a TT.  I know I will need a TT as opposed to a 5th wheel because it will be necessary for me to tow with an SUV in order to accommodate everyone.  I'm interested in something very high quality (the Toyota of the industry).  I'd like it to be suitable for use in all four seasons.  I like the history of Airstreams, and am wondering if one of those might serve my needs.  I'm willing to pay well for something that will remain useful and trouble free for years.  I'm in my 40's and would like this to be my first and last TT, if that is possible.  I am also open to other high quality brands.

All advice is appreciated...Thanks! :)

Before you do anything.....

What kind of SUV are you using, and what is it's tow rating?  (Gross Combined Weight Rating minus fuel, passengers, and luggage).  That will be your limiting factor.  Once you know what you can SAFELY tow, you can start looking at brands, sizes, and floor plans.

Airstreams are known for high quality, high price, and high weight.

BlackSmith70 said:
Hello, All,

I'm in my 40's and would like this to be my first and last TT, if that is possible.  I am also open to other high quality brands.

Good luck with this one.

I'm trying to do without a mammoth vehicle.  I want to use my Toyota Landcruiser, which I believe is rated to tow 6500lbs. 

I'm wondering if it might be practical to get a toyhauler and use the cargo bay to sleep more people, possibly using bunk type beds?

BlackSmith70 said:
I'm trying to do without a mammoth vehicle.  I want to use my Toyota Landcruiser, which I believe is rated to tow 6500lbs. 

I'm wondering if it might be practical to get a toyhauler and use the cargo bay to sleep more people, possibly using bunk type beds?

!.  Where are you going to tow this trailer  --  in the East or in the mountains and plateaus of the Rockies and Far West?    That will affect your Land Cruiser's towing limits.

2.  How many adults and kids will be sleeping in this trailer?   

3.  What year is your Toyota?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom