AL, MS, New Orleans area...CG's open?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dawn52627

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the campgrounds along the coast have opened up? I will be heading down that way in a few weeks and was just curious. If so, if there are any recommendations I would appreciate that. Thanks.

Dawn

Probably depends on just where on the coast you are talking about. Certainly many of them are, but some areas were hard hit while others jst needed a clean-up.  I suggest you call the ones in the particular areas you have in mind.

We,ve traveled the area quite a bit over the yrs but never stayed the same place twice, so consequently never retain a diary nor a log of the places we've stayed.  For  us it's more fun not having an Itinerary to follow, just care free and follow the hood ornament.  Oops, No ornament  OH well you get the drift.  However what we did find was that most of places are cramped for our style, because of the length of our units. So mostly we just stop where we feel like it and if we enjoy we just might stay a little longer.  Then again we stay at a lot of friends places and  parks or shopping malls after getting permission and checking in with the local police.  They usually check on  us tho-out the night.  A welcome addition for asking.  They usually guide us to the best and safest places.  Good luck

I did some checking online today and found that most are open. Checked their websites and most had updated info regarding what was open at their place. A few of the state parks in Louisiana are still closed. It appeared that some of the beaches on the gulf were closed.

Dawn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom