Another Direcway Operational

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky:

Thanks I will.

Tried to PM you but didn't get through because you are over limit. We may be headed your way in a day or so. With your new radio any time for golf?

Jeff:

Depends on the day.  We are doing a lot of rehearsals now with our shows coming up, and a few other things going on... but let me know what day and if free I can try to get tee times if you'd like to try our course.  Had no idea there was a limit on PMs.  I better go in and delete the old ones. 

Jeff

What speeds are you used to seeing with the Verizon card? Has coverage been an issue for you?

Tom:

I see 115MPS with strong signals down to 75mps or so with one or two bars.

I added a Wilson cell booster that really helps keep the signal strength up in remote areas. Verizon has also supposedly reached an agreement to provide 1X network services on extended network which must be Sprint although I have not confirmed that.

Jeff

How long will you be in the area? ?Let us know here at Happy Trails, would love to see both of you.

Lorna:

Happy Trails is on our list as well. Do you know if they are full?

Thanks Jeff. I guess they still have some way to go to implement their high speed coverage.

Tom:

I am on the 1x network,  not their high speed that is available in larger metro areas.

Got the attached photo of Jeff and Sues coach as they were departing Camp Betty.  Note the Direcway on the roof folded down and ready to travel.

Attachments

• 02-18-06_1016.jpg
    02-18-06_1016.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 22
And it was still there when we arrived at Cotton Lane RV! ::) ::)

Tom

>> After spending several hours on the roof, prepping the base and looking for the cross-members, I finally gave up. The only cross-member I could find for sure was in the wrong place<<

Heat up the inside of your motorhome & wait for a dewy/wet morning, I'm sure you have lot's of those where you live<G>, the rafters should be outlined on your roof & you can mark the ends with a Sharpie pen for later install.

Thanks Terry. That was way too clever for me to think of! I'll give that a try when I get the coach out of the stable for a short trip end of next week.

Tom:

It will be worth the effort. Can't tell you how nice it is to have Direcway without storage space problems, wires drooping out the windows, etc. And with over $4,000 still in the checkbook! That little button sure is expensive. 8) 8)

Installed an HP Photosmart printer to one of the ethernet ports via CAt 5 cable on our WRT54G router today and am now enjoying fast internet and wireless printing.

That sure looks a lot better on Jeff's rig, all folded up neatly.  Much better than
Smoky's down at the Q when he went to dump his waste and it looked like it was
shooting at the moon.

Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear you're happy with the roof mount. It sure would solve some storage issues and, of course, setup/takedown time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom