Another Lazy Days Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe Bee

Is there any difference between the regular Lazy Days and their "Crown Club" Sales?  The same brand will have some models that qualify for Crown Club privileges.  I realize that price has much to do with it but used MH also qualify for CC.  Is the service after the sale any better with a CC sale?
Joe Bee

I  belive the crown club Rv's are the 300k plus ones, but I could be wrong.  Not sure, because I've shopped there, but never bought there.

We recently bought a "Crown Club Qualified" used coach as Lazy Days and I can firmly say you get treated royally. Especially for the initial delivery, where they will take the time and do everything needed to make you satisfied with the rig (whether new or used). The service is more personal than the regular and the Club campsites and amenities (e.g. free breakfast, lunch and Happy Hour) make the inevitable waiting much more pleasant. They really bend over backwards to make you feel special. As to whether the service is actually better in a technical sense, I'm not really sure. However, the techs are their top guys and they do seem to have a genuine "do the job right" attitude.  Example: We had one problem that did not exhibit itself when the coach was in the service bay. My personal service adviser took me to talk to the tech and I said I could show him the problem when the coach was on my site (it was the leveling jacks), so the tech came AFTER WORK when the coach had been returned to us on our site to see the problem. The next day he came back, took the coach to the shop and fixed it. In the regular service dept, I would most likely have had to make another appointment to get further work done and appointments at LD are scheduled weeks or months in advance.

Coaches are designated as Crown Club eligible models when they are new, based largely on the base MSRP (currently around $300k) and their position in the manufacturers hierarchy of models. The decision is made by LD management for the class of coach and not on each individual sale.  For x number of years, any subsequently sold coach of that year & model, whether new or used and regardless of actual selling price, will be eligible for Crown Club treatment.  You might choose a non-Crown Club model and actually build the price up beyond the CC threshold by adding options, but that won't make it a Crown Club coach if the model was not pre-designated by such.

Gary:
Thanks for the comprehensive answer.  I don't think that any service center around my area would have a tech come after work to see a coach.  It sounds like they really do it special for the CC buyer.
Joe Bee

We were at LD on Monday and I was super impressed with the organization.  They seem to try and do a super job.  There is a definate difference with the CC. 

They were delevering 78 coaches that day and as you can imagine, it is pretty busy.  They seem to have it pretty much together.  The prices where a bit higher than I thought.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom