Another Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Bear

Hello from Cold Lake Alberta Canada. Thanks for the add to be able to find some help with my Hydro Flame furnace. I have a problem in that I light the pilot, turn it to main gas on and turn up the thermostat and everything works good the first time. The thermostat breaks at temperature rise and the fan motor cools off the furnace and shuts off and immediately the pilot also shuts off. Somebody said the thermocouple is shot, but how does it sit there with the pilot working and the main gas comes on and stays on till thermostat satisfies and then quits. All help will be greatly appreciated cuz this is driving me around the bend.......and it's a short curve LOL

Thanks a bunch, Gord

Welcome to the RV Forum Gord

I would think thermocouple as well, But I can't explain why it would work for one cycle.

If you can find a part number you could likely find a way to test yours or just replace it depending on cost

Thermalcouples are cheap, so replace it and see what happens.

It looks exactly like an ordinary thermocouple only its just ten inches long so I am going to get one at the old hardware store. I put the furnace in a small greenhouse and here is the biggest oddity....I have two of them, and I exchanged the first one out for the other.......and the second one is doing the exact same thing!!! They are both out of old wrecked campers so I guess anything is possible.

Thank you for the input guys, a couple of bucks hopefully will get it going.

Gord

Also, I forgot to ask, which way do I turn the pilot adjust screw to increase the pilot flame in case it is a little weak?

Gord

The Bear said:
Also, I forgot to ask, which way do I turn the pilot adjust screw to increase the pilot flame in case it is a little weak?

Gord

I'm thinking turn it out for a bigger flame...It's some thing you can adjust while it's burning. Just don't turn it to much at one time.

Back
Top Bottom