Another scarey newbie...............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VtGypsy

size=14pt][/size]I knew we should have stayed off Ebay. Bid on, and won, a 1995 Damon Escaper, 33 foot fifth wheel for a great price.  And it was towable.....drove 2,000 miles to pick it up. My handy husband has repaired the damage, and I'm remodeling the interior.  Should be ready for at least a weekend trip next month.  BUT, we have never owned a travel trailer, or even camped.  Never mind rolling on the floor laughing,  I know I'll find lots of good information on this website!
  Vermont Gypsy

Welcome to our friendly forum. I've never bought anything on eBay although I've bid for a few small items. Could you tell us a little about buying an RV on eBay? How did you know what you were buying? Did the seller accurately represent the condition? What recourse would you have had if it wasn't in the condition you thought? Did you have to hand over the cash before seeing the RV, or after you drove the 2,000 miles to see it? would you have still been obligated to the sale if turned out to have been misrepresented/

Thanks, this will be helpful for me and others.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Congratulations on your recently acquired 5th wheel.  Would you mind sharing a photo of it with us?  We are looking forward to hearing about your experience of buying a RV on Ebay.

Where in Vermont are you from?  We have visited Vermont several times and really like the country and people there.

Please join in any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions relating to the RVing lifestyle.  Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Thanks for joining us.

Tom said:
Welcome to our friendly forum. I've never bought anything on eBay although I've bid for a few small items. Could you tell us a little about buying an RV on eBay? How did you know what you were buying? Did the seller accurately represent the condition? What recourse would you have had if it wasn't in the condition you thought? Did you have to hand over the cash before seeing the RV, or after you drove the 2,000 miles to see it? would you have still been obligated to the sale if turned out to have been misrepresented/

Thanks, this will be helpful for me and others.

I bought my Pace Arrow from an ad on ebay. I 150 miles to look at it before I mad a bid though. Got into a bidding war with another guy that had looked at it and ended up paying more than I wanted to, but less than its NADA appraisal. I'm not disappointed in any way. You are not obligated to pay if it is misrepresented and if you get it and find out that it was, ebay has arbitration procedures you can use.

Woody

Thanks for the great welcome!  The ebay Damon we bid on was located in Phoenix, and we live in South Carolina.  Fortunately, our son-in-law lives in Phoenix, and was able to look over the Damon and email us photos of the damage prior to our bid.  When we won the bid, we made a $1,000 deposit, and paid the balance of $4,500 when we picked it up.  It had been hit in the rear, but was still towable.  Threw on a new set of tires, and slept in it on the way home.  Probably will invest about $2,000 more to get it in tip-top condition, so we are very happy with our purchase.
  The Damon has two slide-outs, great appliances, oak cabinets, lots of storage and many other amenities.  Biggest repair was the fiberglass cap on the back, and we had to adjust the cabinetry and replace the kitchen countertop, which was in the rear. Awning has a small rip, but works fine.
    I live in SC now, but call Johnson, Vermont home.  About 40 miles east of Burlington.  I can't wait to do some travelling. Semi-retirement is coming up soon, and I am ready to hit the road!
  Leslie (Vermont Gypsy)

You asked for a photo of our Damon fifth wheel which was purchased on ebay. Please see the attachment.
  Leslie

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
VtGypsy said:
? You asked for a photo of our Damon fifth wheel which was purchased on ebay. Please see the attachment.
? ?Leslie

Nice looking rig Leslie.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure it will provide you with many enjoyable travels.  Hope you will be able to join us at a RV Forum rally.

Thanks for the explanation Leslie. Nice photo of the rig.

"Threw on a new set of tires, and slept in it on the way home."

Very smart move to replace the aged and dangerous tires!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom