Another Tire vs Age Opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou,

Since the poster who wrote "I am of the opinion..." has worked as an engineer in the tire industry for 30+ years I find his opinions to be more than worthwhile.

The thread there is lengthy but provides the most useful coverage of the difference between LT and ST tires, the 65 mph limit marked on ST tires, and RV tire failures in general, that I have read anywhere.  The poster's blog is also informative.

Jammer said:
Lou,

Since the poster who wrote "I am of the opinion..." has worked as an engineer in the tire industry for 30+ years I find his opinions to be more than worthwhile.

The thread there is lengthy but provides the most useful coverage of the difference between LT and ST tires, the 65 mph limit marked on ST tires, and RV tire failures in general, that I have read anywhere.  The poster's blog is also informative.

Jammer, I'm not going to pass judgement on the poster's position statements beyond exercising my right to discount his "opinion" if I so choose.

I've been around a long long time (with my eyes and ears open), and I can assure you that many 30 year employees wind up with "one years experience" 30 times, rather than "30 years of varied experience".  I'm not saying that this is the case here, but I reserve the right to evaluate it for myself.

With all that being said, I've admitted that I didn't read enough to know if, and where, his opinions differ from my own.  I have, however, read (learned ?) enough to know that the risk of motorhome tire failure increases rapidly enough after the six/seven year mark to provide me with all the information I need to make an assessment and determination of just how I want to mitigate that risk.  JMHO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom