Another week in the whore house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
.... have your vet or the breeder use AI.

Hi Denny, that's what they did with Tucker (the OK dog) last week when they bred him with a larger female. Not sure why they didn't decide to do the same with the small guy. Not our decision though; Gabby is owned by the breeder, and we're just a guardian home.

.... I'd be interested in knowing how the owner can register a dog that may have pups from one of two different dogs.

I don't really know Ernie, but the breeder said something to Chris about having the pups "tested"; Sounds like a paternity test, but I'm not sure if that only applies to 'she' pups. Meanwhile, we now know there's no question who the parents will be.

Tom said:
Hi Denny, that's what they did with Tucker (the OK dog) last week when they bred him with a larger female. Not sure why they didn't decide to do the same with the small guy. Not our decision though; Gabby is owned by the breeder, and we're just a guardian home.

Tom,

Sorry, I read your posts where you mentioned that you are a foster parent and simply forgot.  Just another of many senior moments!

Denny

Sooner or later something comes out the other end of this process. Gabby's due date was somewhere between today (Sat) and Monday. Thursday afternoon there were tell tale signs that things might happen sooner, so Chris and I figured we'd better stay up that night. Sure enough, early yesterday morning, Gabby had 5 healthy pups.

Unlike her first litter, this time around all deliveries were quick and painless. In fact, the first pup was born while Chris had Gabby on her lap, and neither Gabby nor Chris appeared to realize it was happening.

The breeder encourages guardian homes to pick a theme and name the pups accordingly. Since two of our grandkids were with us for the week, we let them pick the theme and the names. They chose their favorite Toy Story II characters:

Males:  Buzz, Woody,Slinky.
Females:  Jessie, Bo (peep).

The breeder came by to see them yesterday and went away happy. Chris and I had a much-needed good night's sleep.

Staying on topic, I happened to see Gabby's mate, Tucker, at someone's home yesterday with the other guardian. I looked at Tucker and said "You have it good; You get to have all the fun and go on to the next one, while the mommies are left to do all the work".

Attachments

• Litter 2.jpg
    Litter 2.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 48
  • pup.jpg
    pup.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 45
The breeder had hoped to have at least one very light colored pup, so Chris sent her the attached picture. If it doesn't look like a dog, it's because it's a picture of the hamster Chris had bought our youngest grandson at a pet store earlier in the week  ;D

I'd been calling it a rat all week, while our grandson kept saying "it doesn't have a tail".

Attachments

• rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 38
Thanks Ned. Gabby was so much bigger this time around that we expected a larger litter, and were guessing 8, hoping it wouldn't be more  :eek:

Congratulations! They all look so adorable.......do you get to keep one, maybe? I love the names of the new pups.
It seems to be an amazing program your family are part of.

Mariekie

Cute little pink puppy nosies and toesies.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Margi

[quote author=mariekie4] .......do you get to keep one, maybe?[/quote]

Unfortunately not; The puppies and their Mom belong to the breeder, and she sells the pups. Last time around, one of the pups was born without the use of his rear legs, and the breeder was asking us to help find a home for a "free" puppy. That was until this amazing thing happened.

Carson, it's 9 weeks. You had me scratching my head for a few seconds, wondering if my image sizes were too large  ;D

Thanks, Tom.... glad you figured it out. I guess 9 weeks is a little easier than 9 months.  ;D

When you get to my age you will also come up with weird questions.  Lot'o fun.

Tom, the link to your amazing story seems to be off limits or locked?
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=47513.msg437082#msg437082
Nice looking pups also.

Apologies Mavarick, it was in the private staff area. I've moved it to the Shade Tree here. It's an amazing story and, when I asked the breeder for an update this week, the answer was "he's walking, but in his own way".

Thanks Tom, great story. It's amazing how things turn out sometimes, in any other situation that little guy probably would have been put down. Glad to hear he doing well.

Chris and I considered keeping him, but eventually he went to a good family and seems to be doing well. I shudder every time I think of the vet's prognosis that he'd never walk and would need to be fitted with wheels.

This time around, Gabby gave birth to five healthy pups, and they're growing in leaps and bounds, thanks to mommy eating like a horse (and pooping like a cow on our morning walks).

The breeder brought two would-be-buyer couples to our home yesterday. Visitors can't really tell the temperament of puppies, but Chris and I are getting well calibrated. When I brought out Gabby's (mommy's) calendar pictures, both couples were ready to pull out their check books.

Attachments

• Gabby1.jpg
    Gabby1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Gabby2.jpg
    Gabby2.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom