ANY DETECTORISTS / PROSPECTORS OUT THERE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lydia95252

Hi All,

Just wondering if there are any gold prospectors out there?  I'm going to an outing at Gold Basin Arizona 11/7 & 8.  If any of y'all are going look for me, I'll be in a Chevy truck with an Elkhorn camper. If you see a big Boston Terrier, I'll be on the other end of the leash. :D

My late hubby, our framily & I have gone to Quartzsite the past 3 years & participated in the Quartzsite Detector clubs annual metal detector hunt.  I expect I will be going again this year

Hope to hear from those who are going -- Happy RV'ng

Lydia

Hi Lydia,

Not really a prospector but have done some hunting out in the desert for rocks. Be careful in the Gold Basin area as there is private property and having the right maps to hunt the area are important. I know there has been some small gold finds in that area as well as some meteorite material.

I'm a michigan treasure hunter (at least in my own mind!).. We rockhound from S. Dakota to Az (Sedona to Payson) and would love to to visit Quartzite. We have plans for Utah as well for gem hunting.

I would love to detect some areas in Az...  I take it quartzite is BLM or similar type land?

I live in Gold Country, western foothills of the Sierra Mountains. Think Mark Twain. Since we've finally had some rain this winter, I always see some folks in the small creeks, sifting away....

Quartzsite is fun during the cool periods of the year, we would go in January to join the Quartzsite metal detecting club.  they have a killer annual detector hunt in January as well as a few other activities.

I also live in Gold Country, Valley Springs with the Calaveras river behind my house, hubby & friend took several ounces before dredging was shut down.  Before he passed hubby was vacuuming up the dirt & getting some nice flood gold.

Very cool... sounds exciting!

We have some places in Arizona we found to take the kids to pick up gems and fossils.. but no gold for me so far.

thebutcher95 said:
New Hampshire gold dredger here ;)

We have gold in NH.  :eek: ::) I have a metal detector always packed in the rig and take it out when I'm bored. Have found many pull tabs, bottle caps and some coins.

haven't visited the site for a while, been busy at work.  We are planning a trip to Rye Patch Reservoir in Sept. The Parks & rec dept puts on a metal detector hunt lasting from 10 am to 3pm, there are prize tokes, fun targets etc.  there is a huge potluck the evening of the hunt.  The only cost is camping, here is the link  http://gpaaofnorthernnevadareno.com/uploads/3/4/7/1/34717890/nugget_shoot_2016_flyer_1.pdf

People have found gold nuggets in the area, If you are a GPAA member you will have access to some claimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom