Any Difference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhlineman

2012 Sunseeker 2860DS or 2012 Freelander 32BH
Both of these coaches are very close in mileage and price. The wife and I like both of them.
Are there any advantages in one over the other?

Probably not, except personal preferences. I think they are both on the Ford E450 chassis, so essentially identical from a "vehicle" view point. Have you compared water tank sizes (fresh & waste), propane tank size, available storage spaces (inside & out), ease of use of shower & toilet, etc. Sometimes the details can make a difference in your enjoyment.

You can get brochures for them that have some specs and such.
http://www.coltonrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2012-Coachmen-Freelander-Brochure.pdf

Sunseeker:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7rtq9CAVCVgTjdWZmtnanVteVE/edit

In addition to Gary's comments, which floor plan do you like best, or are most comfortable with, considering the way that you folks do things?

Thanks for the replies. We already checked the specs and floor plans online and would be happy with either one. I was just wondering if there was anything some current or past owners would be able to add from their experiences.

Does anyone know if they have fiberglass or rubber roofs? Any problems with leaks. We are going to take a close look at each unit this weekend.

If they are really that identical, flip a coin. Usually, though, there will be differences at some level of detail.

They are both essentially Forest River products, even though one has the Coachmen name, so not surprising they are much alike.

We checked both units today and the Forest River unit had a fiberglass roof while the Coachmen had a rubber type roof. I think I would prefer the fiberglass roof. The Forest River also has the polar package .. which may or may not be nice to have and also has thicker wood for the cabinets. Slowly we are narrowing down our list.

Fiberglass is much easier to maintain than rubber so that would be a primary criterion if it were me making the choice.  In fact that has always been one of our "must have" criteria when purchasing an RV.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom