Any other Falcon owners out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a '94 Falcon 190/Ford E350 two days ago.  55K miles.  Seems to be in great shape, handles nicely on the road.  Found the parking brake does not seem to do anything, so will need to check that out.  I am in Pleasant Hill, CA. 

Hi,

Just joined the forum.  I recently bought a 1990 Ford E250 Intervec Falcon 190.  I had seen it sitting unmoved for a few years and was waiting for what I felt was the right time to inquire about buying it. I'm a little reluctant to just knock on someone's door to ask, but one day I was driving past and I saw someone outside.  I pulled in and asked the gentleman if there was any chance that it was for sale.  He said that I was in luck, that since they hadn't used it for a couple of years, he was ready to part with it. 

It has 82,000 miles and in very good condition but needed a thorough cleaning and many minor repairs.  Don't know that an owners manual would help in any way, but whenever I acquire a new toy I try to gather as much info as I can about it, including any literature available. If any one has one, I would appreciate getting a copy.

It runs smooth and drives good, but the longer you drive it, the more it loses power.  I was able to drive it the 30 miles home, but haven't taken it back out on the road until I figure out the power loss.

Happy to meet other Falcon enthusiasts,
Jeanclaude

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to The RV Forum!

Gradually losing power sounds like a fuel delivery problem.  How much gas is in the tank - gasoline doesn't age well, losing volatility and forming gums and varnish that can damage the fuel system.  Change the fuel filter and be prepared to do it another time or two until all of the gunk is flushed out of the fuel tank.  Or drop the tank and dispose of the gasoline that's in there instead of running it through the engine.

When you fill the tank with fresh gasoline, add a fuel system cleaner and stabilizer like Sea Foam to the tank.  Then be prepared to change the fuel filter again after it runs through the system.

If the engine is fuel injected, Ford had a known problem with their in-tank fuel pump.  It used sliding seals that would wear out and make the pump lose pressure.  The design was updated in the mid 1990s to use roller seals that solved the problem.  If the engine is fuel injected, there's a port in the fuel line near the engine where you can attach a fuel pressure gauge and see if the pump is working correctly.

Other things to watch out for on a motorhome that's sat for a while are anything made out of rubber.  Rubber releases compounds that let it remain soft and pliable and when it sits still it becomes stiff and brittle.  Hoses, belts and especially tires are suspect.  Since most RVs aren't driven daily, tires age out rather than wearing out the treads and any tire older than about 7 years or showing signs of sidewall cracking should be replaced.

huenorth said:
Bought a '94 Falcon 190/Ford E350 two days ago.  55K miles.  Seems to be in great shape, handles nicely on the road.  Found the parking brake does not seem to do anything, so will need to check that out.  I am in Pleasant Hill, CA.
Hi Huenorth, I just acquired a 1988 Falcon 190/ Ford E250 in Napa,CA and I live just a few miles from you in Concord. I would love to meet and get your tips on operating and maintaining it. email [email protected].

Welcome!!!

Andrew Jack Dodd said:
Hi Huenorth, I just acquired a 1988 Falcon 190/ Ford E250 in Napa,CA and I live just a few miles from you in Concord. I would love to meet and get your tips on operating and maintaining it. email [email protected].

Huenorth was last active here in May 2017 so don't hold your breath waiting for a reply :D

I have an 89 Fiesta, which is a clone of the Falcon. Uses all the same interior components and the same fiberglass top. Even uses the same flared rear extension.

It's actually for sale, located in NYC.

chamilion said:
Hello everyone! Anyone else a Falcon owner? This past weekend I purchased a 1994 Ford Econoline with the Falcon conversion. It has a little of 50,000 miles on it. I?m really looking forward to using it a lot. On the weekends I travel around and photograph different automotive events. This van will be perfect on the weekends and will eliminate my hotel stays. Overall the van is in pretty good shape and I?m pretty pleased with it. I?m ready to hit the road.

I also am a new Falcon owner and looking for any manuals also if anyone can tell me on the passenger side there are some type of retainers may be for a screen room?

It's been three years since huenorth has logged into the Forum, and over a year since oafmf has been back.

So, unfortunately, there's little chance of either responding.

Since the principals have been gone for so long, I'm closing responses to this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom