Anyone know where I can find this LED "bulb"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moebius

We have a LED bulb that only partially works. We noticed it after we drove it off the lot and got it to the storage lot and we have an appointment to get it replaced in a couple of weeks.

I tried looking for the "bulb" on various web site and my eyes are burning looking at pictures that don't match. I was hoping someone could help me find the correct replacement so that I can buy a few spares just in case.

Picture:

http://imgur.com/JFbre5v

Looks like an ITC  P/N:69240NS-21-3K

A very good lamp assembly except for the large batch that was sold with the improper solder formulation.

I hear that ITC will exchange them directly which, if true, is the safest way to approach this. All other sources may still have the defective units still in stock. www.itc-us.com is the web site of the company.

I bought two from Amazon and they were defective.  If you have one, you will have more fail certainly.  Replace them all.

Phil

psouza said:
Looks like an ITC  P/N:69240NS-21-3K

A very good lamp assembly except for the large batch that was sold with the improper solder formulation.

I hear that ITC will exchange them directly which, if true, is the safest way to approach this. All other sources may still have the defective units still in stock. www.itc-us.com is the web site of the company.

I bought two from Amazon and they were defective.  If you have one, you will have more fail certainly.  Replace them all.

Phil

When we get it replaced in a couple of weeks, I'll make sure to ask them what it is, even get the bad bulb to check out. I looked on ITC's site and none of the bulbs they have there match the one in the picture. Maybe I'll even go so far as to unscrew the bad one to see any identifying marks on it.

Thanks for the reply.

Are you looking for that entire fixture, or just the led "bulb" inside? That center section with the actual leds may be removable, e.g. use a bi-pin socket connection. I can't tell from the picture, though.

There are plenty of led fixtures that could replace that one, but would not be externally identical, so cosmetically different.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Are you looking for that entire fixture, or just the led "bulb" inside? That center section with the actual leds may be removable, e.g. use a bi-pin socket connection. I can't tell from the picture, though.

There are plenty of led fixtures that could replace that one, but would not be externally identical, so cosmetically different.

That's a good question Gary. Since a few LEDs are functional on it, I would assume it's just the circuit board with the LEDs on it that's not right. I didn't play with it when I took the glass cover off of it, but it did have a couple of screws. I didn't have a screwdriver with me, but it's on the list of things we need to keep in the coach.

This will all be easier once the motorhome is actually home and not on the storage lot since we have to open the slides to access the defective LED bulb. We have signed the contract to have the "driveway" put in next to our house, just waiting for the contractor's schedule to free up. Can't wait!

One of these is the lamp assembly you have.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=itc+lighting&sprefix=ITC+%2Caps%2C5201&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aitc+lighting

It is disturbing that ITC seems to have removed it from active stock.

Late last year there was intense activity on some other RV boards regarding the failure rate of these lamps. (100%) I purchased a few to do testing in conjunction with some other interested folks.  I know that lamp very well!

The total story is available if you care to be informed.  This link will get you started. 

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/9-out-of-16-led-lightbulbs-failed-in-2015-38q-248760-3.html

You will not find a "bulb" to match what is in the fixture as it is proprietary to ITC.  The "circuit board" is solid aluminum with plated circuit over an alumina substrate, and soldered to pigtails.  The RV manufacturer likely crimp connected it to the RV system.

Phil

I just wanted to follow up this post. I finally took the light assembly out of the ceiling and discovered it is, indeed, and ITC light, product number 69240NS-21-3K. I decided to email ITC, sending them the product number. They replied immediately and are going to send out a new one right away. The person who emailed me back mentioned the bad batch they received and apologized for any inconvenience. Pretty good customer service, if you ask me.

UPDATE: I thought they were sending me one light assembly and when I opened the box, there was two. It will be nice to have a spare.

Back
Top Bottom