Anyone that can recommend a park in Missoula Montana???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbone

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning a several week stay in Missoula Montana. I see a few parks in the area (Jim and Mary's, Jellystone, KOA). Anyone have any experience at them? Or other recommendations?  We are in a motorhome towing.. (and admittedly like the RV park comforts) and must have wifi for some work time... thx

I can personally highly recommend Jim and Mary's! It's a very nice, somewhat older park. We had no problem being in there with our 38' DP and towed, but cannot remember the WiFi service (we carry both AT&T and Verizon MiFi).

Road construction was a little daunting when we were there last year, so familiarize yourself with where the turn is on the satellite maps, but it was a very homey place. One of the more unusual features (at least for us) was plenty of shade which is probably not important in January but it was in August!

Several other Forum folks have been in and out of there, and I never hear anything bad said.

You can also use rvparkreviews.com to help in your search, if you are not already. Actually, we had located it in Big Rigs, and were not disappointed.

Thx much, I have not tried rvparkreviews but will give it a go..

Road construction is a summer thing here.  They have been redoing the road decks on the bridges and as such for the past few years a lot of one narrow lane driving on the interstate form the MT - ID border to Missoula.

Carl

We have stayed at both KOA and Jellystone.  NO real trees at  Jellystone so it is HOT in the summer.  Lots of good reviews for J & M's and although we have never stayed there,it is a ways from  town as is Jellystone, we would stay there if we wanted to do so.  We have usually stayed at the KOA.  It is in town, just across from Costco and other shopping, convenient to restaurants etc., which is high on the list of SWMBO for a stop in Missoula.  The KOA also is heavily treed and not satellite friendly nor is J & M's.

Check the prices since there are significant differences.

flyfishalso said:
Road construction is a summer thing here.  They have been redoing the road decks on the bridges and as such for the past few years a lot of one narrow lane driving on the interstate form the MT - ID border to Missoula.

The story of summer, er construction, season in MT.  Our seasons are almost winter, winter, nearly spring, construction  and back to almost winter.  As long as you remember that, MT is a great place.  A little more clarification, construction can start in March and may end as late as November.  Just depends on the weather and how much the contractor is being paid to finish the job.  :)

Thumbs up for Missoula KOA. We overnighted here and really liked this park. Very clean, quiet, friendly, adequate laundry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom