Anyone tried this Dish service?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YoBenny

Well this would LOOK nice on my rig, anyone know anything about it?
Thanks
Benny

Attachments

• Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 19
The Tailgater Pro is primarily a western arc dish, although it can receive the 61.5 eastern arc sat as well. A better all around choice is the Winegard Pathway X2. It has a larger dish for less rain fade, and is capable of receiving all eastern and western arc satellites. It's a little more money, but well worth it. I don't know which receiver you have or are considering, but note that none of the portable dome style dishes work with the Dish Hopper multi-tuner DVR receivers. Only the Dish Wally and VIP 211 series single tuner receivers will work.

Where have you been,,, we have used that system for ten years all over the US and Canada..>>>Dan ( And we can't be the first)

Look into it a little farther, it's good point is the flexability when in tree's or other obstacles. It can be moved around to acquire a signal when needed, so don't be in a hurry to mount it "on the M/H" I have mine on a 150 foot cable for this reason...

Utclmjmpr said:
Where have you been,,, we have used that system for ten years all over the US and Canada..>>>Dan ( And we can't be the first)

Look into it a little farther, it's good point is the flexability when in tree's or other obstacles. It can be moved around to acquire a signal when needed, so don't be in a hurry to mount it "on the M/H" I have mine on a 150 foot cable for this reason...

We also have this package and we travel exclusively on the west coast (so far).  I'm glad we went with the portable dish for the same reasons (obstacles). 

Yes, I have that exact DISH.  I mounted mine on the roof of the RV with this

https://www.amazon.com/KING-MB700-Tailgater-Satellite-Antennas/dp/B01N1756YT/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=tailgator+2+satellite+dish&qid=1612301411&sr=8-17

If the signal is blocked I go up on the roof and move it until I get a signal, since it is not hard mounted.  The nice thing is you can see where it is pointed to get service.  If it is blocked by a tree or limb, I move it a few feet with a 25ft cable. I haven't had to take it off the roof yet, just set it somewhere else up there is usually enough.

Bobtop46 said:
The nice thing is you can see where it is pointed to get service.  If it is blocked by a tree or limb, I move it a few feet with a 25ft cable. I haven't had to take it off the roof yet, just set it somewhere else up there is usually enough.

You must pick just the right sites!  ;)

In three years of travel with our Pathway X2 I'd say at least a third of the sites we stayed at required the receiver to be positioned well beyond 25 feet to see the sats without obstruction. In a few cases, almost 100 feet.

Still tempted to go with a dual LNB/tripod setup and Hopper 3 as the added functionality would come in handy at times, but the Pathway is so damned easy to set up and more often than not it's hard to find even one program to record not to mention 16!

jymbee said:
You must pick just the right sites!  ;)

In three years of travel with our Pathway X2 I'd say at least a third of the sites we stayed at required the receiver to be positioned well beyond 25 feet to see the sats without obstruction. In a few cases, almost 100 feet.

Still tempted to go with a dual LNB/tripod setup and Hopper 3 as the added functionality would come in handy at times, but the Pathway is so damned easy to set up and more often than not it's hard to find even one program to record not to mention 16!

I long ago quit keeping track, but we've been on very few sites overall where our rooftop dish was usable. The photo below is from our Florida State Park site last week, with 150 feet of coax run to our tripod mounted dish. My setup time there was less than 15 minutes...

Attachments

• vYF42uLl.jpg
    vYF42uLl.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom