Are RVs great or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom55555

My primary home air conditioner stopped working today and was getting warm inside so I?m sleeping in my RV tonight. Watching TV and obviously on-line. RVs are so much more than just a great vacation. What a great back-up!

A water line broke in our house and completely flooded it. We stayed out in the motorhome next to our house for two months while repairs were made.

Otherwise we would have been in a hotel.

So yes they are great!

lynnmor said:
Just one more reason to never live where HOAs govern you life.
Depends on the HOA, though. We have a (realtively mild) HOA, yet I have my RV next to my house, with an RV electric pedestal next to its parking pad. Many neighbors also have RVs, since the only real restriction here is that it be no closer to the street than 1/3 the depth of the lot, which leaves plenty of room. Plus, the enforcement here is very lax, even for the rules we have. So that blanket statement needs a bit of leavening.

We slept in ours for a couple weeks during master bathroom remodel.  It was a huge blessing to sleep away from all the dust and we did not to keep the bed and walkways clear.  They were covered with "stuff" stored in the bathroom.

The night I first picked up my new motorhome 8 years ago, I slept in it while parked in my son's driveway.  I made it into the motorhome just before a storm hit.  It rocked and rolled a bit, but eventually I went to bed.  I had battery power and hot water, while the people in the whole neighborhood were in the dark because the power went off!! 

It also makes it really easy to quarantine yourself, even while traveling.  No worries about dirty hotel rooms, crummy restaurant food, and horrible public bathrooms!  THAT is the luxury of living in a motorhome, not the fancy wall coverings or furniture (joking about that, obviously.)

Our plan is to buy a 36? 5th wheel next spring to initially serve as our ?condo? to live in between putting our current home up for sale and then buying a new home once the old place sells. Then, we can travel.

My RV is a time machine. With a little "time" it transports me anywhere in the country and changes the scenery out of the front window at a moments notice!

I use mine all the time as guest quarters all the time.  When my kids and grandkids come to visit, brothers, sisters, Dad, heck, just about anyone.  It is a perfect "Family B&B".

It is also a fantastic way to visit out-of-town friends and relatives--you can stay near them but not with them, so you won't "stink" like fish after the proverbial three days.  Nobody has to worry about hosting you, and you can leave for the night whenever you feel like it! 

JudyJB said:
It is also a fantastic way to visit out-of-town friends and relatives--you can stay near them but not with them, so you won't "stink" like fish after the proverbial three days.  Nobody has to worry about hosting you, and you can leave for the night whenever you feel like it!

Amen!!!

Several of our friends let us plug into their AC when we visit which I figure is about $5 to $10 a day. We always bring food, beer or pay for food delivery so it's all good.

Nice to sleep in our bed, shower in our bathroom and leave on our schedule. One friend has twenty five acres and a beautiful lake with huge bass which we have caught several times LOL. It's like having our own RV camp ground.

I work out of my RV so our friends can lock up and go to work but we can hang out, get my work done and hit the road.

Oh yes, fabulous backup.  When a water pipe broke in our house, we lived in our motorhome for four months during demolition and reconstruction.  We were on the other side of the country when it happened and about a month later someone saw water coming out our walls!  We were thankful we didn't have to go somewhere else to live.  And it was nice when the crew had questions because they didn't need to go far to find us.

ArdraF

Even though we thought we were doing everything correct, we were exposed to covid while traveling.  When we got home we disinfected the motorhome, used an ozone machine & daughter moved in for 14 days while we were in isolation in the house.  We had talked about using the motorhome to quarantine in if any of us got sick, but didn't expect to use it for that!  We didn't get the virus, and we are all back in the house.  :)

JudyJB said:
No worries about dirty hotel rooms, crummy restaurant food, and horrible public bathrooms!  THAT is the luxury of living in a motorhome, not the fancy wall coverings or furniture (joking about that, obviously.)

Completely agree.

Caronavirus or not, the ability to travel without staying at dirty hotel rooms or eating expensive and not very good meals at restaurants is why we travel by RV. My wife has made it clear that she no longer wants to put up with hotel rooms and public toilets now that we have an RV and that is the only way she will travel now.

MikeFromMesa said:
Completely agree.

Caronavirus or not, the ability to travel without staying at dirty hotel rooms or eating expensive and not very good meals at restaurants is why we travel by RV. My wife has made it clear that she no longer wants to put up with hotel rooms and public toilets now that we have an RV and that is the only way she will travel now.

No one should ever question the logic of this thought process!  ;)  memtb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom