Are we dinosaurs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
otrider said:
Ok Wendy, I'm in your age group...First car was a 1960 Comet that I bought for $50.00!
And yes I remember Rawhide, Sky King, and Howdy Doody.  But I was in love with Little Joe!
Pam

Gale Storm was my first crush!

Ok, coots, mine was a 1954 Desota, and it was  a tank.  I bought it for $125.  You could sit 4 people across in it!  Also take 8 people to the drive in + 3 iin the trunk....... ::)  Steve

steved44 said:
Ok, coots, mine was a 1954 Desota, and it was  a tank.  I bought it for $125.  You could sit 4 people across in it!  Also take 8 people to the drive in + 3 iin the trunk....... ::)  Steve

Steve

Mine was a '53, IIRC, with Fluid Drive. I think a tank would have been an upgrade :)

Dad's '51 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe had the fluid drive also. If you put it in 'Low', punched it and dumped the clutch, let off the gas and punched it again, it would shift into a super low gear and spin the heck out of the tires! All from a whimpey 6-banger! Loved those wing windows too.

Tom
I remember riding in a '34 Ford "woody" wagon from San Fran to Walnut Creek--they were still digging the first tunnel!

1st car I drove was '49 Kaiser...looked like a Sherman Tank.  Then Dad bought a '52 Packard Patricia...talk about back seat space...loved it!!!

1st car was a '65 Plymouth Fury III that I bought with my money earned fighting forest fires on a Regional Suppression Crew in OR got $2.00/hr!!  2nd car was a '67 Buick Rallye Sport...the carburetor kept coming loose and when I commuted to PSU, I had to stop halfway to tighten the screws so it wouldn't fall off.  Only caught on fire once!!

My friends had the "muscle cars"..."442", "427" Vette, "Hemi" Plymouth Satellite and Dodge Charger, Mercury Cyclone (Cobra engine I think), GTO (Goat), "327" Chevy Malibu, "409" Mercury Comet...got to drive them but never had the big bucks, $3-4000 to buy one.

The good old days!!!!!!

threeful said:
1st car was a '65 Plymouth Fury III that I bought with my money earned fighting forest fires on a Regional Suppression Crew in OR got $2.00/hr!! 

My parents have a Plymouth Fury. It's either a '65 or a '68, fire-engine red, in beautiful condition thanks to Dad's restoration (my inheritance is in that car !!). That car's iron, not plastic. I wouldn't go head-to-head with it with my motorhome...the Winnebago would lose.

Wendy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom