Atlanta Motor Speedway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
Saw this on a NASCAR site.

Atlanta looking at changes

While overall attendance at Nextel Cup events has been down this season compared to last year, officials at Atlanta Motor Speedway are bullish on NASCAR and have announced major changes and expansion of their facility.

First to go are the nearly 50-year-old concrete grandstands on the back straight that were the main grandstands on the old track configuration. They will be flattened to make way for a new, upscale Trackside Terrace Camping section, featuring more than 90 motor coach parking spaces. All spaces in the section will have full water, electricity and sewer hookups.

"The new camping area is in response to a soaring demand from our fans, who are making a visit to our track more than just a one-day experience," said Ed Clark, general manger of the speedway.

Even more dramatic will be the changes to the Turn 1 area of the track.

More than 13,000 new grandstand seats will be added in the newly created Winners Grandstand, located at the Turn 1 end of the front straightaway.

The new grandstand will feature more than 7,700 individual-style chair seats with drink holders and an additional 5,300 bench-style seats.

Also being added is a new luxury seating area at the top of the new grandstand called "Club One."

Spectators in Club One will be able to view the action in both an enclosed theater-style seating area as well as an open-air observation deck. A gourmet menu and bar also will be available.

Bruton Smith and Humpy Wheeler don't do anything unless they can make big bucks. So, how much do you think one would have to pay for one of those 90 RV sites to offset the loss of revenue from the old grandstands?

BruceinFL said:
Bruton Smith and Humpy Wheeler don't do anything unless they can make big bucks. So, how much do you think one would have to pay for one of those 90 RV sites to offset the loss of revenue from the old grandstands?

Don't know Bruce. I was at a race about three or four years ago at Las Vegas. They have RV hookups on the back stretch. I checked at the time and if (and it's a big if) I remember right the sites there were 3 to 4K for the week NASCAR is there. They only went for the week. You couldn't get one just for race day. I would assume (there's that word) that Atlanta would be similar.

In March's Highways Magazine there is a Good Sam "tour" to Bristol for the Food City 500. Camping (not on track) tickets for the Busch and Cup race for two people. $3,297.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom