atlas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thunderchicken

anyone have opinions as to what might be the best road atlas for a cross-country rv trip?
thanks,
dylan

H Dylan,

Welcome to the forum. I find the Rand McNally road atlas suits me the best. Most of the time I use Street Atlas and Street Pilot III. SA is a computer mapping program that can be run with a GPS. SPIII is a GPS with maps included.

For a paper road atlas we use and recommend the Rand McNally road atlas bought at WalMart.  This atlas bought at Walmart also includes a list of all the Walmarts accross trhe country in the front and back of the atlas. This feature does come in handy sometimes.

We use A GArmin 2610 GPS for navigating on the road.  I might mention that if and when I replace the GPS it most likely will not be another Garmin.

The Rand McNally atlas is excellent but get the spiral bound version.  It will last much longer.  We also use the Truckers Atlas that has the national truck routes highlighted as well as tables that tell you where there are possible clearance problems.  We again use the spiral bound version with the coated pages.

Rand McNally is good ...we use it and carry it with us (even though we use GPS navigation). But there is also another great atlas which we also use. It's the American Map Road Atlas. What's neat about this one is that it is spiral bound and much easier to open to the page you want and keep it opened without folding over as in the Rand McNally. If you can't find it at a book store, it's available at amazon.com.

Do yourself a favor and spring for both of them.  ;)

I am not recommending just any Rand McNallly road atlas jut the one sold by Wal-Mart.  It is the ONLY one that has the walmart locations listed in the fron and back of the atlas.

We buy the same atlas as Ron, except we get the spiral bound one for $14.95 at Sam's Club.  It's worth the extra money, cause they last a lot longer.  And are easier to use for the copilot.  Has the same Wal Mart/Sam's Club info, and now includes diesel.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom