Atwood water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Well, now I have completely cleaned all connections, checked for any obstructions in the gas tube and am now running out of airspeed and ideas. When I switch the water heater on, I get a short bit of gas and ignitor , then off. This usually will happen three times with a few seconds between. Then nothing. Turn off and reset 5 min. gets me the same result. So, is it time to replace the circuit board ???

Thanks
Jack

Sounds to me like your heater is not detecting the flame, in which case it shuts down the gas valve to prevent an explosion.  Your problem is probably the igniter/flame sensor or the wire between it and the circuit board. The signal from the flame sensor (built into the igniter electrode) is extremely weak, so it doesn't take much corrosion to stop it.  If you are convinced the wire to the igniter is fine, replace the igniter/sensor before spending the $100+ on a new board.

Thanks...makes sense to replace that bit before the big bucks !  I'm away from home for a few days, but once back I will try that and post the results.  Thanks, again........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Praise Bus
Back
Top Bottom