awning rolls up the wrong way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlindsey

Just bought a new Cougar 21RBS. Very nice coach except we noticed the awning rolled up the wrong way. It rolled under instead of over therefore trapping anything on top inside the rolled up awning. The salesman thinks it will roll both ways if it goes too far one way. I have to pull it out of the barn to check it out. Just wondered if anyone has the same issue.   

With an electric awning, if you deploy it out and don't stop it will roll itself back but in the wrong manner.  Just use the "in" button to go back to the right way and the problem will solve itself!  I weep for this generation of salespeople!!

I don't see how a manual (spring retract) awing can roll up the "wrong" way. An electric can, but that's just a matter of pushing the switch in the right direction, i.e. the "Extend" vs "Retract" switch positions.

I didn't think my electric awning would do that so I went out and tried it. When it got to the end of travel, the motor just bogged down and stopped. Almost sounded like there was a limit switch. I didn't think it would continue to roll. I would bring it back the the dealer and have them look at it. There may be a limit switch problem there. Mine is a Domestic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbo1502001!
Back
Top Bottom