Awning travel lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Zip-Dee awning which has: an aluminum overwrap, arm locks, and also a roller lock that operates by fastening the bottom aluminum overwrap slat to the wall.  I don't move the trailer without them all engaged.

Jammer said:
I have a Zip-Dee awning which has: an aluminum overwrap, arm locks, and also a roller lock that operates by fastening the bottom aluminum overwrap slat to the wall.  I don't move the trailer without them all engaged.

Jammer, I also have the aluminum covering on the main awning, arm locks and a homemade roller lock.  I too, check that they are all properly in place before moving.

Clay L said:
Here is one you can make yourself. It is cheap and requires no holes to be drilled. You can get the parts at any hardware store.

You can see the instructions HERE.I have used one for several years.
It would take one heck of a side wind to overcome it.

I made this lock in 2005 (for about $8) and am still using it today.  30k miles, including to Alaska and back, and not a worry.

Just Lou said:
Kevin, read some of the entries in this topic and you will see that securing the arms is not enough.  The real problem is that the roller unfurls the awning even with the arms securely attached to the side of the motorhome.

You have to stop the roller from turning, period.....

Lou...

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Good point.

Kev

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom