Back for a Bit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do air bags normally have a air hose where you can fill them easily or are they on top of the air bags.
It can be either on the bag or there may be lines to a Schrader valve, or they might have one on the bag. Those that I have seen it was on the bottom if it had no air lines. There would be a valve somewhere.

I keep my tires at the recommended 90 PSI all the way around. But, I might try what Laura and Charles do. Remove 10 from the front and 5 from the back and see how it goes.

I keep my tires at the recommended 90 PSI
Recommended from where? The only way to be certain is by weighing the coach, at least by axle (wheel by wheel would be better) the checking the tire manufacturer's tables, such as https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

The weight vs inflation for your size tire is likely very close from one manufacturer to the next, so you can probably do fine with any of them that show your size.

I'm pretty sure Red is seeing the "autothane" spring assist that is a standard part of the Workhorse leaf spring suspension. No air involved. Or perhaps a Sumo or Superspring like Mark showed. The standard autothane bumper is also shown on Pg 142 in the chassis manual Kirk referenced.

I suppose it could have the Stabil-Air option, but it's a pricey upgrade and rarely seen on a W20. It makes more sense to get the heavier duty W22 or W24 if you need more suspension, and the Hurricane is a lower-priced model to begin with so unlikely to ever have that as a factory feature (not intended as an insult).

"Bump bump bump" isn't very specific but a bump sound/feel usually means the suspension is bottoming out. Could be near max load (or exceeding it), so another reason for a weigh-in. And worn shocks exacerbates the tendency to "bump" hard.

Last edited:
Thanks Kirk, Larry, Gary. When you say hurricane, do you mean the model of the supension device? I have a challenger if your looking for the model.

View attachment 154711
spring-assist-png.154712

These are what they look like only discolored. Not sure it's what they are but this is a good rendition for sure.

My editing skills are not the greatest. I had the picture but when I refreshed there was no picture here.

Recommended from where? The only way to be certain is by weighing the coach, at least by axle (wheel by wheel would be better) the checking the tire manufacturer's tables, such as https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

The weight vs inflation for your size tire is likely very close from one manufacturer to the next, so you can probably do fine with any of them that show your size.
Hey Larry,
Yes I went by the tire manufacture's recommendations. 90 Pounds PSI. THe tire dealer that put it on said also that it the amount you need to run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom