battery for Triton V10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[quote author=DonTom]Is this the "Walmart" you saw?[/quote]

Nope, it was West Marine. Google says it's on Dubuque Ave, SSF.

Tom said:
Hi Don,

Sorry, I called you Tom  :-[

For clarification, I was talking about WMP (West Marine Products), not WalMart.
So many people on line have called me "Tom" that I don't even notice anymore. Perhaps I should change my username to TomDon. ;D

Oh, I have been to that West Marine many times:

608 Dubuque Ave
South San Francisco, California 94080
(650) 873-4044

It's the main RV store around here. ;D  Just head for the Lowe's Store right next to it. From Oyster Point Blvd, first try to go back South on the freeway but don't. Stay in the leftest lane and go straight instead. That will be Dubuque Ave. WM will be on your left just before the new Lowe's store.

-Don-​

OK thanks, I'll try to remember next time I'm in the area. We have a couple of WMPs much closer to us.

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I will check out the WM in Reno when I get there.
Once I got over the fact that it was an RV and just looked for a battery for a Ford Triton V10, I didn't have any problems finding one.  I bought a Category 65 battery with 850 CCA from Costco for just under $80 with exchange for my old battery. Thanks again.

No reason an '06 battery can not still be good.

If you have not already done so do what I do when my '06 battery goes dead.

CLEAN THE TERMINALS

Because so far every time it's gone dead, and I crawled under this rig with the battery tester and the wrenches.. Unhooked the Negative cable and clamped on the tester.. The battery has passed with flying color (GREEN).  And cleaning and re-attaching started the horse up.

Of course.. IF the battery really is dead.. Well, you gotta do all but the test anyway so you really are not out extra labor.

I use a Chicago Tools battery tester, up to 500 amp, adjustable, it has two meters and a knob, Got it at Harbor Freight.. One heck of a tester.  Wear gloves when using it,  Gets hot if you do more than one test. (Gets NOT!! if you test HOUSE batteries)  Even if you only pass power for 15 seconds. 450 amps (The most mine will draw) at 12.5 volts is over 4600 watts.. That's a whole bunch of heat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveGraham
Back
Top Bottom