BBQ cookoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CakeHenn

Anyone on here into competitive BBQ cook-off events?  Good friend and I have been doing a little bit of it in the past but now I have a TT and he has a badass trailer BBQ pit.  I've slept in RVs in the past at some BBQ cook offs but it was before I was even into RVs so I don't even know if they had hook ups or if it was run by generator.  Do these events normal have hook ups or is it all boon docking for the most part?

I do BBQ contests. Most events have some kind of hook ups it usually cast a little more to get 30/50 amp hook ups. Best thing to do is ask the contest orginizer. Where do you compete?

I would suggest, prepare for boondocking, that way, if the event is at a fair grounds you aren't disappointed.

Little late and a dollar short on the conversation as usual.  We have done quite a few bbq contests over the years. Mostly around the N. Texas area. Like most others have said some locations have hookups to a greater or lesser extent and some dont. Generator comes in real handy. Its a fun..expensive and physically grueling hobby. One of the few hobbies we've had where a person tends to be more overjoyed when its over than they were glad for it to start. The friends of ours who tend to be self supporting on the hobbby cook a lot.  Its nothing for the big boys and girls to cook 40-50 weekends a year. Its hard for a duffer who goes out a few times a year to seriously compete with that crowd.  Chili contests are also just about as much fun without a lot of the manuel labor..sleep deprivation and expense. 

Well me and my buddy did one other BBQ cook off but without the trailer.  Me and the wife just got a brand new Jayco Eagle and there is no way she would want me taking that and letting a bunch of dirty guys stay in it for a weekend!  The cook out we went to there were tons of RVs and I missed not having mine but yeah they all at generators....some of those gens were freaken loud too....it was annoying.  I can't afford a quiet one after buying the new TT.

When we got into the hobby we started with a MH..cheap used class C dubbed as Fredericka.  Loudest generator ever made. Comes in real handy when a bunch of drunks start playing wide open music near the front door. Crank it up and turn on the AC you will never know they are out there. Know some who try it at ground level. Thats for the birds. We pull the pit with the MH. Some are going to the Fivers plust drag a pit. Looks like Wagon Train. One pal got a big one with a Toy Box. Works well with the right kind of cookers. He dont have to lug a trailer pit.

Back
Top Bottom