Best alternative to Acrobat Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

The operating system recently corrupted on my computer necessitating a trip to the Geek Squad for a reinstall of Windows 10. I just got it back and so far it appears all of my data is in place, but of course all of the applications are gone. Because this was previously a work computer given to me as a gift when I left, many of the applications had been installed as an image during initial setup so I don't have the install disks. As a result I'm going through the (time consuming) process of getting the computer back up to speed. I use Acrobat Pro a modest amount but definitely not spending over $400 to replace it. Id appreciate and suggestions for a cheaper alternative to Acrobat Pro. I am interested in purchased software on DVD only (or download if DVD isn't available), nothing pay by the month.

Features I often used: convert to Word, scan to create documents, add and delete pages, combine PDFs, create forms

Thx

Back2PA said:
The operating system recently corrupted on my computer necessitating a trip to the Geek Squad for a reinstall of Windows 10. I just got it back and so far it appears all of my data is in place, but of course all of the applications are gone. Because this was previously a work computer given to me as a gift when I left, many of the applications had been installed as an image during initial setup so I don't have the install disks. As a result I'm going through the (time consuming) process of getting the computer back up to speed. I use Acrobat Pro a modest amount but definitely not spending over $400 to replace it. Id appreciate and suggestions for a cheaper alternative to Acrobat Pro. I am interested in purchased software on DVD only (or download if DVD isn't available), nothing pay by the month.

Features I often used: convert to Word, scan to create documents, add and delete pages, combine PDFs, create forms

Thx
Foxit is free and you can use it to annotate and a few other things.  Look for free OCR apps too Steve says...

I use one called Qoppa PDF Studio.  At least I did until work let us use Acrobat under a limited license for free.  I do still use Qoppa though.  You can download a free trial to see if you like it.  It has a Standard Version, and a Professional Version.  Very powerful program.  It can be a little strange getting used to if you use Acrobat a lot.  Otherwise, it's a great program, and a little expensive, but certainly won't break the bank.  I got a student discount for and paid way less, but it's still a pretty good price.  $89 for the standard version, and $129 for the pro version.

https://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/

I use PD Creator a lot usual cast of annoying ads and so on but it's free. Not sure if it does any conversions but I am pretty sure I use the "save as" pdf feature a lot. Or "Print to PDF"

For scanning I simply use Windows fax and scan.  It is really not that good but again it's free.  Even when I sheet feed multiple docs and call it a doc it save each page as a separate jpg for some reason.  Then I paste the jpgs in Word in order to save as PDF.

Back
Top Bottom