Best black water sensor replacement for strap-on sensors (see pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefid

I am looking to replace/fix the sensors on my black water tank. (See pictures)

The sensors are showing half full right after being emptied and full long before it really is. Not sure if I can calibrate this system or if I should replace it.

Attachments

• black-water-sensors.jpg
    black-water-sensors.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 55
  • black-water-monitor.jpg
    black-water-monitor.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 40
Take a serious look at the SeeLevel 709 system as it reads in 3-4% increments vs 25-33%.  I installed one a couple of years ago on my coach, total cost as a DIY project was about $250 including making a trim piece to replace the factory panel, total time to install was a couple of hours, reusing existing tank sensor wiring.

here is a before and after photo, I used a laminate countertop pre-made end splash for the panel.

Attachments

• fill-panel-old.jpg
    fill-panel-old.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 44
  • fill-panel-new.jpg
    fill-panel-new.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the information. (I have another project that will benefit from the laminate counter top idea)

Since I do not have the LP or battery systems run to this location, would the SeeLevel 709 be the best option?

They make several models for different numbers of tanks, with and without LPG level, and with or without integrated pump and hot water switches, as well as a new bluetooth enabled model.  As to the battery monitor, it is just a voltage monitor that reads from its 12V power connection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom