Best Type RV For Single Women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baysidegal,

Of your listed manufacturers I would recommend Fleetwood. I've owned three and they have been great. I don't believe Lazy Daze makes a Class A. There are many good Class A's out there besides Fleetwood and I'm sure you will get many additional recommendations.

Jim Dick said:
Yes, class A's are pretty big and seem very intimidating. However, they are no harder to drive than a family car!!! You just have to get comfortable with the length and width and everything else falls into place.

I can't speak to driving a motorhome yet, but my mother taught me a trick when I first learned to drive that has put me at ease in every vehicle and rig I've ever driven, with the longest rig being a 1972 Chevy wagon and our tent trailer which I was driving with ease in my teens, and the biggest overall being an assortment of ambulances built on one-ton truck chassis, which I can put through a toll booth at 50mph without even touching the brakes.  I imagine it will work with a bigger rig as well.

The trick is to drive so that it feels like your accelerator foot is going straight down the middle of the lane, right over that greasy strip that's there.  Between that and keeping your eyes way down the road and not on the end of the hood (where too many drivers of *all* vehicles keep them), there's no way you won't stay right smack in the center of your own lane.

Wendy

Jim Dick said:
Baysidegal,

Of your listed manufacturers I would recommend Fleetwood. I've owned three and they have been great.

Jim, what's what with their rubber roofs, though?  Do they hold up OK?  That just didn't seem like a very good idea to me when I looked at them.  Even though they were clearly more affordable overall than the other lines available at the local dealer, that was a big stopper for me.

Wendy

Wendy,

Yes, a rubber roof is not as good as fiberglass. They do stand up pretty well if you take care of them. I had two and didn't have any problems. The biggest concern for me was getting into a site. We had to make sure there were no low branches anywhere so they wouldn't gouge the roof. New products are now available to repair any tears but you still don't want to get any. Some people try too hard to clean a rubber roof which can lead to problems if you use the wrong products.

Wendy,

If you can drive an ambulance through a toll gate at 50mph you should have no problems with a Class A!!! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom