Better shower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I got my RV the main shower did not have a cut off. I put in a quarter turn valve (Big PVC thing) but later replaced it with a shower shut off I got at Mennards.. This one does not FULLY shut off the flow... 

Years later I got a Oxygenics with the "Smart Pulse" shut off valve.. Well I kept using the Mennards valve since the "Smart Pulse" feature simply means it does not fully shut off the water flow.

WHY. does it not do this?  See the chatter above about a hot (or cold) blast when you restore flow.. Prevents that.

(Even the Oxygenics documentation explains that as the reason).

I may give the Oxy valve to a friend.. But that comes later.

Rene T said:
Good theory but mine is just the opposite. I get  short blast of cold water when I open up the valve on the shower head.  :eek: ??? ::)

Yep, our previous coach had a hot blast, and our current coach had a cold blast. Adding check valves cured both situations.

When the valve at the shower handle is shut off, a circulation loop is created. Hot water rises, cold water subsides, and hot water moves in to the cold water line, the same reason older hot water heating systems without pumps worked.

Correct, Its called thermosyphoning

Because there are so many variables to each RV we cannot say in which direction the effect will take place. In a well designed system it operates in a specific direction. As posted above, for some folks it works one way, for others the opposite.

I'm a first time RV owner and I always wondered why my shower head dribbles a bit when using the shut off button on the head. The head is nothing fancy really just a generic looking shower head but perhaps the dribble is by design because I never get that cold/hot blast thank goodness. Interesting thread.

When I first purchased my motorhome, taking a shower was an experience; either a hot blast or cold. The Oxygenics shower head helped, but didn' solve all the problem. After a lot of research, I came across another discussion that mentioned the "Amzdeal" Wall Mounted Thermostatic Mixing Valve. I purchased this valve from Amazon for $49 and it has solved all the hot and cold problems. It fits in place of your faucet in your shower.
I don't know how to add attachments, but if you go to Amazon and write in the above item, it will bring it up. It also has free shipping and it works.

2006 Winnebago 30B Sightseer

Jetty said:
When I first purchased my motorhome, taking a shower was an experience; either a hot blast or cold. The Oxygenics shower head helped, but didn' solve all the problem. After a lot of research, I came across another discussion that mentioned the "Amzdeal" Wall Mounted Thermostatic Mixing Valve. I purchased this valve from Amazon for $49 and it has solved all the hot and cold problems. It fits in place of your faucet in your shower.
I don't know how to add attachments, but if you go to Amazon and write in the above item, it will bring it up. It also has free shipping and it works.

2006 Winnebago 30B Sightseer

"Amzdeal" Wall Mounted Thermostatic Mixing Valve

Oh nice find Jetty....

Jetty said:
After a lot of research, I came across another discussion that mentioned the "Amzdeal" Wall Mounted Thermostatic Mixing Valve. I purchased this valve from Amazon for $49 and it has solved all the hot and cold problems. It fits in place of your faucet in your shower.

Great find, in my old country (The Netherlands) a lot of people installed it in their home and that was 15 years ago. Works great and it does not "surprise" you with the temperature of the water. It's on my list for improvements. (Great price too)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom