Birmingham to Miramar Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janman55

Good morning all! We're going to be coming down I65 heading to Miramar . What's the best route/exit off of 65. We're in an A pulling a toad? Georgiana? Greenville? Evergreen? Any advice is appreciated!

I've not driven this but Greenville Exit 130, AL10 east, Luverne, pick up US331 south all the way to 98 on the beach, west to Miramar, makes the most sense..... buttttt.............. its a lot of two lane or off interstate driving.

That bypasses the worst of Greenville, the old town area, Luverne you cannot avoid the downtown, Opp has a loop around town.

Otherwise its Evergreen down to Milton and then Navarre, or Milton across the east bay bridge then east to Navarre and Miramar.

The advantage to Evergreen is more interstate and less state road.

The shortest route by about 30 miles (thats a lot) is Evergreen south to Brewton, south then AL4 across the Blackwater River State Forest to Crestview, says Google.

I've always been going to the Pensacola area so I go much further down to get off I-65.

Hopefully someone who have driven those routes will chime in with some actual info on road quality, etc. I should'da stayed out of this

Last edited:
I live in Pensacola and travel these roads all the time.
All are decent, I honestly don’t think any particular route is better than another.
The least amount of time/distance spent on 98 is well worth any extra time spent anywhere else. 98 is our main “tourist” road and is also the main commute for natives.
It’s a parking lot in the summer…

331 out of Montgomery is not a bad road.
It's two lane all the way down, but traffic is not an issue, and it drops you on US 98 just East of Santa Rosa, saving you dealing with Niceville Traffic. I hate Niceville.

I live in Pensacola and travel these roads all the time.
All are decent, I honestly don’t think any particular route is better than another.
The least amount of time/distance spent on 98 is well worth any extra time spent anywhere else. 98 is our main “tourist” road and is also the main commute for natives.
It’s a parking lot in the summer…
When I was a kid, We used to drive US-98 from Okeechobee to Mobile around Christmas time to my grandparents every other year. Took US 98 the whole route. There was no "heavy Traffic" in those days.

I think the last time we tried that, a few years ago, it took us almost as long to get from Apalachicola to Mobile as it used to for the whole trip.

Back
Top Bottom