Black-water tank shows full after dumping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you checked to see if your drain valve is actually opening up?

1997 Triple E embassy E27 class A motor-home
Black-water tank displays full in the control panel after dumping. Is there any trick how get everything dumped?
in fact it was showing 4/3 full. It is Tank #2 (the first one on the left on the control panel photo)
I added tap water directly through the toilet (and now waiting)...
Is there something else I can do to empty the black-water tank?

Thanks,
SOLVED. Great success folks. I added RV Digest-It last weekend. This weekend I emptied the tank. I was totally fluid... then added some water and emptied again. The RV Digest-It works amazingly. Wonderful product - RV Digest-It Holding Tank Treatment | Liquid - US$ 14.99 + shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0008s.jpg
    IMG_0008s.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 1
SOLVED. Great success folks. I added RV Digest-It last weekend. This weekend I emptied the tank. I was totally fluid... then added some water and emptied again. The RV Digest-It works amazingly. Wonderful product - RV Digest-It Holding Tank Treatment | Liquid - US$ 14.99 + shipping
Congratulations! While this is a good sign, I would be cautious about believing it was all liquid and the tank is now completely empty. There may still be solids firmly stuck to the tank floor or walls. Can you see the bottom of the tank through the toilet valve? It still deserves some measure of monitoring. Do you have a way of observing the outflow when dumping? A clear elbow or similar on the sewer hose? If not, get one, though not pretty it offers a bit of peace of mind to see stuff that goes into the tank actually come out.

Kevin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sue2La
Back
Top Bottom