Blackstone Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eze74

Looking to be able to hook our blackstone grill which takes a 20lb tank to our quick connect on our 2021 Apex Nano. What do I need to connect it with?

So, your blackstone grill has a regulator? Typically, that quick connect on the RV will be on the regulated side of the RV propane system. You likely won't be able to use the regulator plunbed into your gril. A propane line with the quick connect fitting on one end and a suitable fitting on the other to connect into your grill.
LIKE THIS

All you need it this set up . You can screw and unscrew this to the side of your grill connector.

Make sure you finish screwing in the ends that goes in the grill. They come just loosely screw into the elbow.

So, your blackstone grill has a regulator? Typically, that quick connect on the RV will be on the regulated side of the RV propane system. You likely won't be able to use the regulator plunbed into your gril. A propane line with the quick connect fitting on one end and a suitable fitting on the other to connect into your grill.
LIKE THIS
What to convert the blackstone grill so I can use the quick connect. Not sure what I need to do this

What to convert the blackstone grill so I can use the quick connect. Not sure what I need to do this
You don't need anything on your grill. If you have the 1/4" quick disconnect on your camper, just plug the one end into it and then push the other end on the grill connector and tighten up. Then start your grill. Of course make sure you turn the valve on your quick disconnect fitting. The fitting that comes with your grill is nothing more than the connection thats on the end of the hose that you buy, but with the ability to use the green propane disposable bottles, which screws into the other end from the one that goes on the grill. Your propane bottles on your camper normally has the regulator on it, which operates your propane equipment on the camper now.

Last edited:
Here is what I am dealing with.

Attachments

• 1618666162938284565670700252447.jpg
    1618666162938284565670700252447.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 16186662013318062428856488593031.jpg
    16186662013318062428856488593031.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 51
That does not look like a quick disconnect mounted in line to a remote area and secured to the camper. That's mounted at the tank and normally has a regulator that's mounted in line with the fitting to your tank. This is the normal arrangement with most of the newer campers. And the fittings that comes with the griddle is as shown.

Attachments

• DSC00613.JPG
    DSC00613.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00614.JPG
    DSC00614.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00612.JPG
    DSC00612.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have a quick connect hose (pictures) that connect to camper line. I want to figure out how to convert the grill so I can use the hose.

If you have a connector on your RV like Jayflight shows in his first two pics, they are supplied by low pressure regulated gas via the same system that the stove, fridge, etc, uses. You do NOT need an additional regulator. If your hose has a male nipple that plugs into that connector, and a female connector on the other end. all you need is a nipple that attaches in the place of the existing regulator/hose assy that the tailgater uses.

If you unscrew the brass nut on the end of the hose/regulator from the tailgater (use two wrenches) you will find a 3/8 male flare fitting.

Attach this 3/8 female flare to 1/4 male LP nipple or THIS

You need this on the RV

dsc00613-jpg.145660

Then this, which you say you have. If this is not what you have, then here is a link to this 18 ft one. Amazon will match up similar ones of various lengths and brands, just make sure it has the male on one end and the female on the other, get a long one so you can use it next to a picnic table in a campsite that may be 20 ft from the camper. M/F LP gas hose

71V%2BfrrDN6L._AC_SL1381_.jpg

Then you need THIS fitting 1/4 male LP to 3/8 female flare Here is an additional link to the same fitting from another vendor. Mensi 1/4 male LP to 3/8 female flare fitting.
71FqqxRdBdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You install this by removing the hose at the Tailgator1555_Tailgater.jpg

Last edited:
The hose you are showing here, is one designed to handle high pressure from the bottle and screws into a small regulator that comes with many devices that use the 1 lb bottles. Essentially this hose and a large gas bottle replaces a 1 lb gas bottle. As far as I can tell, it CANNOT be used with the Tailgator.
16186662013318062428856488593031-jpg.145659

If your Tailgator does not have the hose and regulator setup shown in the pic I showed in the previous post, and instead it has something like the 17 and 22 inch griddles has..............
RP_90717_1024x1024.jpg

Then you would need the long hose I showed above, with the male and female LP connectors, and then you would need this fitting...... Gas adapter for 17 and 22 inch griddles

810i34vuQxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Hot tip for anyone looking at the nipple above for the Blackstone 17 or 22 inch tabletop griddles. The one for the Blackstone has cross hatch knurling on it as shown in the pic. There is a very similar fitting made for the Coleman Roadtrip LXE grill (shown below) and virtually all of the fittings made for it have straight grooving for gripping rather than the cross hatch knurling. I looked at Dozyant, Gaspro, and Shinestar and they all have the straight grooves. Only the Mensi had cross hatch on it for the Coleman and it is a rather unusual pattern, not the fine knurling of the others.

71zqmS0M%2BbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom