Blue-Ox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayne

Just bought a Blue Ox Tow system, except the base plate to vehicle, in anticipation of buying a vehicle for 4 down towing,  it also has a 2 Bike bracket.  Gave $300 for it.  It was used for less than 4000 miles    Did I do good or not.  I know it won';t work on the Lincolns, but maybe I can talk the Boss into a Ford Truck or something.

Depends on the model, but that's probably half of MSRP or less, especially with the bike rack.

Ned  Dont see a model #  but it's the steel one.  Said he paid $1200+ for this unit including a base plate.  Just picked it up  Maybe I should have bought the Aluminum, would have been much easier to handle.  LOL  This thing doesn't even look like it's been used.  Shinny black  and a serial # of 5224960 if that means anything.

Ya gotta good deal, Shayne! If it is the motorhome mounted type (Aventa model), most places get $700-800 for a new one (the base plates are another $300+ these days). Used ones get snapped up pretty quickly too, so you were lucky to get it.

One thing to consider... Blue Ox says the attachment on the towed, and towing vehicles should be within 3 inches vertically,  (They sell drop adapters if you need one)

They also have a very nice campground on the west side of their factory in Pender NE.  The factory itslf is on one street (N/S) and the campground on the cross street (E/W)  Full hook up, 50 amp, wi-fi provided.  I've stayed there.  The price, is right too.

Thanks Gents  for the info.  I will take all this into consideration, as soon as I decide what vehicle I'm going to purchase.  Haven't even put the Blue Goose (Audrey's Lincoln) on the market yet and one of our friends stopped by tonight and asked if we'd sell it and for how much.  stunned me,  wasn't prepared for that.  So I shot her a figure and she said close and we'll talk when she gets back from Cal next week end.  We'll see.  I've got to call REMCO next week and see if that Nisson Armada or Toyota can be towed 4 down on the 4X4.  If not I guesss I'll have to go with Jeep, but I sure don't want too.    Again Thanks.

No need to call REMCO, In fact I suggest you do not call

http://www.remcotowing.com

And follow the links.. I'll do that now

From this link Click here

Click on Nissan or Toyota (actually both) and download the spreadsheets, they can be opened in Microsoft Excell,, One of the worlds greatest oxymorons: Microsoft Works,  Or Sun Open office (What I used last time)

See for yourself

Back
Top Bottom