Bought our new RV - had a fire!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck getting this resolved quickly, we are happy to hear the Dealer seems to be by your side. Still really stinks, but thankful you were not inside or something else tragic.
The dealer will be on their side because they can make thousands of dollars off the mfg in repair costs. Seldom are they on anyone's side from gentleness.

The dealer will be on their side because they can make thousands of dollars off the mfg in repair costs. Seldom are they on anyone's side from gentleness.
Luckily, in this case, the dealer is a one man show who sends the warranty work to an independent local RV repair shop that has a good reputation. I'm sure when all is said and done it will cost the manufacturer quite a bit. The water heater alone is almost $600 CDN.

On a bright note, we were looking for a name for the TT. Because of this, we kind of think "Sparky" is appropriate

Don't wait for a problem to consult a lawyer. Better to spend a couple hundred to get one on board and not need him than to be scrambling all summer with no RV, listening to dealership excuses and playing pass the buck.

Find one that does this sort of thing, give him some $$ as a retainer and have him send a letter to the dealership that sold you the RV letting them know that he represents you and they can send legal details to him.

The most organized group usually wins the conflict, right now the dealership is well organized and you are not. You can hope for the best or plan for the worst.

With a good lawyer you may be able to get the RV repaired right away without releasing the dealership from liability and have full use of your RV while the dispute plays out. Put the repairs on a card and when you win they have to pay the interest as well.
The lawyer will make money thats it dont waste your money
$200hr
$200 letter
$200 A phone call and the cycle begins

$20000 latter....
$200 letter
$200phone call
$200 PROGRESS REPORT - SEND MORE MONEY THEY HAVENT RESPONDED YET.....

Another reason why I always advocate buying used.
AMEN! I would NEVER buy something brand new in the RV industry. There are far too many initial manufacturing defects these days...like this one.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

AMEN! I would NEVER buy something brand new in the RV industry. There are far too many initial manufacturing defects these days...like this one.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.
As a general rule, I would agree completely. We always buy used. With COVID, however, people seem to be asking crazy prices for their used models. We were able to get new for a fraction more.
As an aside, they finally found our issue - it was a cracked LP hose going into the HW heater.
Looks like somebody screwed up and didn't do a pressure test at the factory.

So if everyone takes your advice, won't we eventually have no used RVs to buy? New or used, you need to use common sense and good judgment in your selection. RV's in recent years are staying in service far longer than in the past, which seems pretty strange since all new ones are junk now!

Back
Top Bottom