Bounder 2006 38N

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William52

We are about to buy our second RV. 2006 Bounder 38N Cat C7 350 with 69.000 miles Really good shape for its age full body paint New Michelins Batteries, Floors, TV's recent Service. Should we be worried? Thanks this is our first pusher. Will

Worried, no. Excited, yes. Smart... I'd let / pay a skilled inspector to go over it with a fine tune comb unless I was buying it off a personally known private seller, or, I was mechanically inclined. It does sound like some nice recent maintenance upgrades.

Agree with the above. Get a good, professional inspection. If you don't know a certified inspector then have a mobile RV tach go over it and then take it to a good diesel shop to be evaluated. You may have found a jewel or a financial disaster. I would get technical help to figure out which.

You may be able to find an extended warranty company that will write a policy on it to help protect you from a major problem, but it won't be easy with one of that age.

Dyno at Cat dealership will take all the mystery out of any hidden engine problems. But, probably not possible unless owner
is willing and then add dyno expense to cost.
A friend bought a used diesel pusher a couple of years ago. He bought a power train warranty ( engine, transmission, and rear end) for around $3000/yr. Dropped warranty after he was confident power train was sound.
Think his was about a 2010 model.

Our friend in the rv park we are in, here in Arizona has the exact same coach and she loves it. I have driven it and enjoyed it. I did not fine it overly powerful, but that was compared to my ISL 400 Holiday Rambler.

We have an '06. The only running gear part we've replaced was was a transmission rear seal. We've had it for 11 years. The 'other stuff' is not nearly as reliable.

Back
Top Bottom