Brake Job $$$$

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BirdClemRV

Disc brakes on my Class A 36 footer, 50,000 miles.  What is typical cost (parts & labor) of replacing all 4 brakes?  Why would rotors have to be turned?  I live in FL.  :-\ 

It might help to know what chassis you are talking about!!!

Rotors/drums are turned to create a smooth surface for the new linings. They get pitted, grooved, warped and rusty over time and use, especially if the original linings are well worn down. Some original linings were attached to the shoes using rivets and well worn ones can gouge the drum/rotor. There are limits to how much they can be turned and when turning would exceed those limits, you are in for new drums/rotors. Calipers may need replacing too as they are no longer being rebuilt in the shops.

Workhorse has an outstanding recall on this item, are you affected?

Too many variables here.  Rotors may have to be turned or replaced if they're grooved or warped.  Calipers may also need replacing.  If you did all the work yourself you might be looking at 2-300 bucks.  By a shop, the sky is the limit but I'd bet you'd be looking at close to $1200 for a gasser.

last year I put $3,500 into my brake system I was glad to do it cause my life and others depend on good brakes. Had to put in new 2 new calapers, pads X 4 and new master cyl. I drive a 1991 Damon Escaper 38ft three axle.......

Back
Top Bottom