Breakdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thor Wayne

We just bought our first motorhome and first time out broke down. Had a tough time finding someone to work on. Is there a resource to locate nearby mechanics to fix breakdowns? 99 Damon Daybreak 454 chevy gas.
Thank you

We just bought our first motorhome and first time out broke down. Had a tough time finding someone to work on. Is there a resource to locate nearby mechanics to fix breakdowns? 99 Damon Daybreak 454 chevy gas.
Thank you
That's part of the reason we have an emergency roadside service plan. They do the work of finding an appropriate service location that will handle the problem as well as getting our rig towed there. Over the years with various motorhomes, they've sent us to truck repair shops for engine/driveline service that has worked out well for us.

What's broken Thor?

If it's engine or transmission related then the fact that there is an RV sitting on the frame matters not, it's just a Chevy truck.

Stop looking for an "RV" mechanic and look for a Chevy mechanic.

Something like good sam club?
As the others have said, there are several to choose from. Check with your insurance provider as well, they may have a lower cost plan for their clients. I'm currently using the RV plan my Progressive insurance provides at $22 a year and was quite satisfied with the one time I've needed service so far.

Back
Top Bottom