broken exhaust port on the head on 1996 motorhome...help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al H.

Well everyone, I just purchased a 1996 National and as you can see I have quite an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any possible way to repair it without pulling the head? I appreciate any input. Thanks!

Can you be a little more specific about what is broken?  Maybe a photo.
What engine do you have (Ford or GM)?

We don't know if you know exactly what is broken. We don't know your skills. You might mean cracked manifold, snapped stud/bolt, or some how a piece of your head is broken off. Breaking the exhaust port on the head would be kinda hard to do. Except on old aircooled VW's. :)
Bill

I bet that you have a Ford 460 engine.  I also had a 1996 that did the same thing.  If you do a search you will get lots of information on that specific problem.  Usually it is related to rapid cooling of the head after climbing a long grade.  Mine broke off a section of the head from the back bolt to the rear of the head.  Unfortunately it requires replacing the head.  To help reduce the reoccurance of the problem I an many others have installed headers, (in my case Gibson), in place of the casr iron exhaust manifold.  The headers do not retain heat like the heavy factory manifolds.

Of course, I am assuming that you have a Ford 460 engine.

Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom