Buc-ee's is coming to Colorado.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WILDEBILL308

Buc-ee's is expanding to Johnstown, I-25 and Co road 48 north of Denver. For those of you who haven't experienced a Buc-ee's it is your basic 74,000 sq foot convince store and gas station. With only 116 gas pumps and 12EV charging stations. Being a smaller Buc-ee's it will probably only have 75 bathrooms. Great BBQ sandwiches and much more.
Bill

Try the Beaver Nuggets.
They are great, until about half way thru the sack, then all you want to do is throw them away.

I just went this afternoon to my nearest Buckee's. Exactly 70 miles one way from the house. I bought diesel (<5% bio, the good stuff) and it was $3.46⁹. I got $91.00 worth of fuel. Had I bought that fuel at the station near my house, who usually has good prices on diesel, it would have cost $14 more.

I picked up to pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and two pulled brisket sandwiches and kettle fries.

Charles

They are great, until about half way thru the sack, then all you want to do is throw them away.

I just went this afternoon to my nearest Buckee's. Exactly 70 miles one way from the house. I bought diesel (<5% bio, the good stuff) and it was $3.46⁹. I got $91.00 worth of fuel. Had I bought that fuel at the station near my house, who usually has good prices on diesel, it would have cost $14 more.

I picked up to pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and two pulled brisket sandwiches and kettle fries.

Charles
@ 20 mpg a 140 mi rd trip = 7x $3.46 = $24.22 @ 10 mpg = $48.44
The variable value of a sack of Beaver Nuggets notwithstanding.

Last edited:
@ 20 mpg a 140 mi rd trip = 7x $3.46 = $24.22 @ 10 mpg = $48.44
The variable value of a sack of Beaver Nuggets notwithstanding.
Yes. this was just over 20 mpg. I bought two pulled pork sandwiches and two pulled brisket sandwiches, and some chips. Ulterior motive was to try out the new headlights as I have been adjusting them so I don't blind others. Wanted to see how well they preformed on the road and in some traffic. Return trip was in the dark so I got some good experience with them.

Charles

Yes. this was just over 20 mpg. I bought two pulled pork sandwiches and two pulled brisket sandwiches, and some chips. Ulterior motive was to try out the new headlights as I have been adjusting them so I don't blind others. Wanted to see how well they preformed on the road and in some traffic. Return trip was in the dark so I got some good experience with them.

Charles
I do that in my MH occasionally just to keep tabs on everything. I’ll run the generator with the a/c on for awhile too. But @ 7mpg.

As I understand things, Bucees is not a truck stop nor are they equipped to handle big rigs. From what I've read they are more like Iowa 80 truck stop, without catering to OTR truckers.

And they’ll probably have a whack of Tesla superchargers as well. That seems to be getting the norm.

As I understand things, Bucees is not a truck stop nor are they equipped to handle big rigs. From what I've read they are more like Iowa 80 truck stop, without catering to OTR truckers.
Buc-ees doesn't allow eighteen wheelers on the premises unless they're delivering. It's posted at every entrance.

Buc-ees has big parking areas. I park out near the grass. Most of the time there isn't a problem.
Buc-ees is ushaley a cheap fuel stop. Well till you go inside.

Buc-ees has big parking areas. I park out near the grass. Most of the time there isn't a problem.
Buc-ees is ushaley a cheap fuel stop. Well till you go inside.
It is however sometimes extremely difficult to get an RV to a pump island at Buc-ees, invariably someone/ most have finished fueling and in order to avoid burning any calories by moving the vehicle to a parking spot, have elected to lock it up and spend the next hour browsing with the family, Branson style.

I prefer the little Sinclair station here in town.
I pull in, pull up to the pump, turn off the vehicle, and start the pump with the handy-dandy Sinclair app on my phone, Get out, fill the tank, hang up the hose, wave at the clerk, get in the vehicle and go on my way.

It takes longer than that to just drive past the new Bucc-ees.

Curious what you are driving or towing to get 20mpg? Just the truck without the trailer?
Truck and trailer is in my signature. It is said that that this particular engine/trans/rear gear combination gets the best fuel mileage of any of the Cummins/RAM models. This was no towing on this tank full and was 20.349 mpg. I normally see closer to 21 or slightly over 21 when empty. Towing I get 13 to 15 mpg depending on terrain and wind.

I installed a set of AlphaRex Nova headlights in it and have been adjusting them so I don't blind everyone but get the most light on the road. It was dark coming back and was a good chance to see what they looked like and where the upper cutoff line was. These are bright white LED projector lights with a very sharp cutoff of the light.

Attachment, LH light is new, RH light is OEM, trees are about 80 ft away. This was taken during installation.

Charles

Attachments

• initial comparison of new left and old right headlight.jpg
    initial comparison of new left and old right headlight.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom