Bucket list of destinations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add all the national parks/monuments in Utah (Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, Natural Bridges, Capital Reef, Cedar Breaks & Zion) and Mount Rushmore.

Also consider visiting locations of special interest to you and your travelling companion(s).

Half the fun is doing the research on each trip - routing, sights to see and things to do etc.

Good Luck and enjoy your travels ahead. 

Hello,

Besides the Oregon Coast, I'd recommend Crater Lake National Park also while in that region. There is also Amish Country here in northern Indiana to see. Tons of things to do and see in Michigan (Len and Jo might chime in here) like Frankenmuth, Michigan (http://www.frankenmuth.org/ ), Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Mackinac Island .

Sr Fox said:
Great list, keep them coming.
Here are a few of ours:
Black Hills, SD
Bighorn Moutains
Cody, WY
Bryce Canyon
Zion National Park

Sorry I misread the subject of this post and posted our favorites.
Our bucket list is the North East coast and maybe chase the colors and eating lobster down the coast some year

Several have mentioned the Black Hills of South Dakota.  They include Mount Rushmore.  If coming from the east via I-90, be sure to stop at the Minuteman Historic Site near Wall, SD.  Also, the Badlands of South Dakota in the same area.

The Minuteman site has an actual Minuteman missile site and a Minuteman launch control center - both have been saved from destruction by exemptions from the SALT treaty and are operated by the National Park Service as museums - free to visit.  Russian satellites keep tabs on the missile launch site - they required a plexiglass dome be placed over the top.  Disclaimer:  I was on the first Air Force Missile Combat Crew to work in the launch control center (Delta 1) in July 1963.  We accepted the control center and flight of 10 missile sites from Boeing on that day.  Another control center and its 10 missiles was accepted the same day to insure no single crew would have power to launch missiles without being stopped by another crew.  Those were the days of the Cold War.  Sorry, I got off the track with my 'back in the day' memories.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom