CA home prices still increasing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All those rapists and murderers sneaking across the border are taking jobs away from law abiding Americans. 😎
It had always been a dream of mine to push a lawnmower from daylight to dark 6 days a week in 100° Texas heat, as I imagine it has for many other law abiding Americans. I imagine as soon as this is resolved hardworking law abiding citizens can apply for those farm worker jobs they always wanted but were denied.

It had always been a dream of mine to push a lawnmower from daylight to dark 6 days a week in 100° Texas heat, as I imagine it has for many other law abiding Americans. I imagine as soon as this is resolved hardworking law abiding citizens can apply for those farm worker jobs they always wanted but were denied.

Won't someone think of all of those US male high school graduates lining up to clean hotel rooms and wash cars.

Several years ago at a Corp of Engineers park I asked the manager, a woman in her late 60's, why she didn't hire some young kids to help with the routine maintenance. It was quite warm and there wasn't a lot of shade in the park. She replied that the kids don't like to sweat.

Several years ago at a Corp of Engineers park I asked the manager, a woman in her late 60's, why she didn't hire some young kids to help with the routine maintenance. It was quite warm and there wasn't a lot of shade in the park. She replied that the kids don't like to sweat.
Why would a fifteen year go outside and work when he can get everything he needs or wants by laying around in the a/c swiping a phone and playing video games?

Uh then, go round them all up and deport the lot. When crops are rotting in the fields and on the trees and you're paying $20.00 for a head of lettuce, crunch those numbers. I don't see them doing anything around here but working their asses off from daylight to dark trying to do the best they can for their families.
I mentioned nothing about rounding them up. Only why I believe the numbers are not what is claimed.

And you know this and have the data, because?
Since the vast majority of what any of us say on here is basically an opinion, I'm pretty sure that none of us need to end out post with 'IMO' or precede it with 'I believe' all the time.

I mentioned nothing about rounding them up. Only why I believe the numbers are not what is claimed.

Since the vast majority of what any of us say on here is basically an opinion, I'm pretty sure that none of us need to end out post with 'IMO' or precede it with 'I believe' all the time.

As such; I just assumed it was something you saw in a coloring book or a cartoon on TV which is why I asked. It's not required to express opinions that are backed by facts.

Yeah my bad, the rounding them up part always comes later.

I saw a documentary about undocumented workers at dairy farms and chicken processing plants. The folks that ran these operations, I believe they were in northern states, said they were hard pressed to find local folks to do this kind of work. The undocumented workers showed up for every shift and worked hard; never complained.
On another note I’m 73 and traveled back and forth across the U.S. and lived in 13 states. I cannot think of a time when I thought the crisis at the border affected me in any way. I can’t think of anybody I know that has been affected.

I saw a documentary about undocumented workers at dairy farms and chicken processing plants. The folks that ran these operations, I believe they were in northern states, said they were hard pressed to find local folks to do this kind of work. The undocumented workers showed up for every shift and worked hard; never complained.
On another note I’m 73 and traveled back and forth across the U.S. and lived in 13 states. I cannot think of a time when I thought the crisis at the border affected me in any way. I can’t think of anybody I know that has been affected.

Border crisis? Personally affected? I heard only criminals who don't work come over the border. Then all of us US citizens are made poor and destitute because we have to pay for all the illegals on welfare - and their children, and if it's not that, then it's definitely tax evasion. And illegals are to blame for the fentanyl crisis, even though that's a rural America problem and nobody is being forced to do drugs. But hey, the more we can deflect and blame on others.

(I used a whole gallon of sarcasm in this post).

I can. I know many people, my mother and a number of friends and their families, who are from foreign countries - Canada, Armenia, Iraq, Russia, France - who spent a lot of money and waited years for final approval to emigrate to the Unites States. Then they worked hard and studied to become American citizens. Those people are being slapped in the face by our government's policy of just opening the doors to millions of various riff-raff.

Two couples that I know, both from Armenia, came here with advanced degrees - a geophysical engineer, his wife with a Master's degree in music, a registered nurse, and her husband with a master's degree in entomology.

The engineer could only get a job delivering pizza, his wife could only get a job at a grocery store. The registered nurse eventually got a job with the state as an office technician, and her husband went to work for a beekeeper. These are the people we should be recruiting to come to this country. Not someone to pick your tomatoes.

A few years ago I read an article that basically said, "If the people who pick oranges were paid $12/hr instead $X (which was the minimum wage at the time) the cost of a bag of oranges would increase by about $0.50 cents." Pfftt!

So I've always maintained that the farmers should just pay whatever it costs to hire legal pickers. I, for one, would gladly pay even an extra $20 - $30 per month for groceries if that's what it takes. Here are some examples - there are many more:

Last edited:
I will never understand those of you who want to heap credit, praise, and compliments towards people whose very first act upon coming to our country was to break the law. There is a legal way and an illegal way to enter this country. Why do you praise those who do it illegally and ignore those who do it legally?

Over the last three years it’s become quite obvious that obeying the law doesn’t mean much to the crowd that supports illegal aliens coming here.

I will never understand those of you who want to heap credit, praise, and compliments towards people whose very first act upon coming to our country was to break the law. There is a legal way and an illegal way to enter this country. Why do you praise those who do it illegally and ignore those who do it legally?

Over the last three years it’s become quite obvious that obeying the law doesn’t mean much to the crowd that supports illegal aliens coming here.

Who in this thread is praising them? And who ignored anyone who came here legally?

Heck, most of the people who come here from Mexico and other countries do a better job at being stand-up Americans than a lot of people who were born here. There's some praise, right?

A few years ago I read an article that basically said, "If the people who pick oranges were paid $12/hr instead $X (which was the minimum wage at the time) the cost of a bag of oranges would increase by about $0.50 cents." Pfftt!

So I've always maintained that the farmers should just pay whatever it costs to hire legal pickers. I, for one, would gladly pay even an extra $20 - $30 per month for groceries if that's what it takes. Here are some examples - there are many more:
It’s not the pay. It’s the work. Americans don’t want to do the work.
As far as your friends and family coming here legally and doing everything right; good on them. But I have to say anybody that would trek hundreds if not thousands of miles across inhospitable terrain, many losing their life, being raped. And all folks have to say is these people are “poisoning the blood of our country”.

Maybe they aren’t here illegally:
1)In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

I'll agree with that.

As far as your friends and family coming here legally and doing everything right; good on them. But I have to say anybody that would trek hundreds if not thousands of miles across inhospitable terrain, many losing their life, being raped. And all folks have to say is these people are “poisoning the blood of our country”.
That part I never subscribed to.

That's 100% spot on. Someone else used that language, " poisoning the blood of our country", want to guess who it was?

That's why they crow about reforming the immigration system but when the rubber hits the road it's all just crowing. E-Verify would prevent farms, factories and plants from hiring undocumented workers and that's exactly why it's never happened. They know that without those workers the economy would go into freefall, no ifs about it.

They're not illegal if they apply for asylum and an immigration hearing at the border. If they do they're scheduled for a hearing and are released. Between the application and the hearing they apply for a work permit, when that is issued they're free to work and live anywhere they choose. Those people being bused are each and everone of them here legally. No one applying for asylum can be denied a hearing unless they're determined to be wanted in their home country., ie, a fugitive from justice or have a criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardp
Back
Top Bottom