Caballo Lake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aggie67

I'VE BEEN AWAY TOO LONG.? THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME.

THERE IS A SUPER CAMPGROUND BETWEEN TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES & LAS CRUSES, NM.? IT'S ON HWY 187 AT MILE MARKER 22.? THE NAME OF IT IS CABALLO LAKE RV PARK.? IN NM MOST OF THE CAMPGROUNDS ARE SAND OR DIRT.? THIS ONE IS NO EXCEPTION, BUT C.J. ELLIS, THE OWNER HAS USED ROCKS TO DIVIDE THE SITES & DECORATE THE AREA TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THERE IS A GARDEN.? THE NIGHTLY FEE IS $10.00 PER NIGHT.? UNFORTUNATELY WOODALL'S HAS THEM LISTED WITH A FEE OF $30 PLUS.? THERE IS A BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF LAKE CABALLO.? ALSO AT 4:30 EVERY DAY THERE IS A HAPPY HOUR.? C.J. IS AN EXCELLENT HOST, VERY INTERESTING & FRIENDLY.

THIS IS A CAMPGROUND YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE.

AGGIE '67? SALLY

Sally

We've stayed at Caballo Lake RV Park and thought it was a good location. We especially liked the owner and the wonderful welcome she extends to her guests. Also worthy of note is the fact that this is a relatively small park, so you don't feel like you're lost in a sea of RVs. They also have a separate wash-down pad for vehicle washing.

Caballo is one of our favorites in NM.

Other good NM lake locations are Cochiti and Aibquiu Corps of Engineer CG's. Cohiti is about 30 mile n of Alb, W of I-15, and Abiquiui is about 45 miles NW of Santa Fe on Highway 84.

Yep, these are the beaches that have water! ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom