Camping in an orange grove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron, if I overnighted in a WM parking lot I'd be sure to keep it quiet  ;D

We stopped at Harris Ranch and checked it out. It's at the intersection of I-5 and CA SR198. Too early for lunch, but a good opportunity to stretch the legs. They have a large dirt lot and an OK truck stop; Much quieter than any Flying J I've been to, but that might be because of their $2.999 diesel price (we paid $2.679 at Flying J in Bakersfield this morning).

Thanks again for the pointer Bob. We did get a whiff of the aroma you mentioned ;D

Great place Tom.  We've stayed there 2 or 3 times.  They will let you pick all the oranges you can carry off.  We were there last year after QZ.

Ron from Big D said:
They will let you pick all the oranges you can carry off.

LOL Ron, yes Chris filled the bins in the refridgerator. I have a great shot of her picking an orange from the tree while sitting in the driver's seat as we were leaving. I'll upload it when we get home.

BernieD said:
We are in a motel room in West Palm Beach right now and would much prefer to be in our coach, even if the room rate was the same or less than a campground fee.

Bernie,

What are you doing in West Palm Beach???? Why didn't you tell us you were coming this way?????? How long will you be there?????? Think Marlene would be surprised if we met up somewhere along the way???

Here's the orange-picking driver.

Attachments

• orange_picking.jpg
    orange_picking.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 115
Tom said:
John, it's just different strokes for different folks, although I'd raise an eyebrow paying over $40/night.

It sure beats any WalMart parking lot which, by the time I'd buy stuff I didn't need, would cost about the same as a paid campground.

:) I agree. Some just have to have all the comforts of Home. Some Campgrounds around Newport and Annehiem are more like up to $75  ::)

We only stayed at Walmarts after we had bought things that were of necessity. We also prefer to stay somewhere quiet. Unfortunately most of them didn't allow overnight Camping. But we did stay at one or two very beautiful  and isolated places.  ;)

Back
Top Bottom