Can I remove my jack knife sofa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullTimeRVMom

Hello.  I have a 2007 Pilgrim 28ft travel trailer.  The sofa is worn and my recent attempt at replacing the foam was a little disappointing.  I would really like to remove the sofa and replace it with something smaller and more comfortable.  My problem is that underneath the seat cushions, the space under the sofa opens directly into outside storage.  In other words, there is no floor under my sofa. Is there any way to remove this sofa and create a solid patch of floor in that space?

Thanks.

Probably, but it's an exercise for a handyman to figure out after removing the sofa. Maybe another Pilgrim owner could help, but there is no generic answer to this sort of thing because it depends on the construction of your particular model.

It seems likely that, at the very least, a sheet of plywood could be laid over the opening, making a floor. That would raise the sofa area 1/2-3/4 of an inch, but that is probably ok. But something a bit more sophisticated should be possible. Just takes some woodworking creativity.

I did that on a unit that had 2 sofas. Took one out, plywood to build up floor and used laminate flooring over the plywood to meet the carpet. Turned out nice. Put in 2 rocker recliners in the area. Just miss the storage under the sofa. Better for kicking back for TV. One tip is try to find narrower wall hugger chairs. Left enough room to put a small end table between them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom