Can't fill propane tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1672326824757.pngStill confused, I ordered this fitting but I thought it had to have the small inner tube to work with my fill valve that looks like the one in my original pic.

Thanks, I thought the small tube had to push in the valve. thanks again going next week to try filling it again

Well went to 5 different places to fill up
Gas company - gas would not go into tank
Campground - Don have correct adapter, can only fill tanks
Gas company #2 - can only fill from truck and no driver for 4 hours
Campground #2 - Can't fill onboard tank
Tractor Supply - Out of gas

Came home, thought maybe overfill valve stuck. With a short 2x4 and big hammer, banged on the tank near the fill port a few times hoping to open stuck valve. Figured I would try again and if it would not fill that I would pull, check and possibility replace fill port/valve

Yesterday went to another Tractor, they didn't have any problems. Filled with about 15Lbs. Scratching my head but just glad I got it filled. Only problem, that 15Lbs cost $55.00

At 4.25 lbs/gallon, that's over $15/gallon. Phew! Years ago the most convenient tank fill place near me charged a steep fixed fee for filling labor PLUS a per gallon charge. For the small 20# tanks, that was super-expensive (they labor charge was more than the propane), but for larger tanks it wasn't so bad. Maybe that sort of fixed cost is what you encountered?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oldlawnman
Back
Top Bottom