can't find my freshwater drain - HELP :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miggo

Hi. I have a problem. We just picked up a 2000 dutchman. It is in good shape and we got a really good deal. Everything works great but I can not find the fresh water drain. All of my previous rigs had the drain either under the trailer or on the side right near the tank. I have looked hi and low but can not find it. The tank is located under the sofa, which I have looked under and I can not see it there either. There is a threaded fitting sticking up behind the tank that is capped off but the fitting is higher than the top of the tank. Nothing under the sink either.

Please, I am going nuts trying to figure this out. All trailers have a freshwater drain, right?

Thanks, Mike

All trailers have a freshwater drain, right?

Well, sort of. Sometimes the low point water line drain doubles as the fresh tank drain. And sometimes the outside shower (if it has one) is the low point system drain.  Many Dutchman models are really basic entry level rigs and they leave off "convenience" items like handy tank drains. Hopefully someone has a similar Dutchman and maybe can give you a clue.

I think you got it for me. I can not find a manual for a 2000 but the 2005 does use the low point drain. So, here is my next question. Where would that be? I can not find any drain anywhere (besides the grey and black).

Our Pace Arrow has 3 drains,  one  on the holding tank, one near the HWH  and another also near the holding tank. And don't forget the HWH itself. So I guessing thats 4  Old age caught me .

I found it. It was in the line between the tank and the pump under the sofa. I had to run my hand along the line to find it.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am312
Back
Top Bottom