Can't wait to get out there with the new rig!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeverden

Once this snow melts, we are going out on our maiden voyage!  Bought a 99 Four Winds Windsport 30 Q in December.  Anyone else in the same situation?  I got my sirius radio hooked up and ready, got the entertainment system ready, did the battery maintenance, check.  Ready to roll!! 
Thinking of going to mt Rushmore from southern B.C. this summer, anyone been there, any recommendations?? good places to stay, etc...

Enjoy the maiden voyage once that snow melts. Anticipation is half the fun.

Wendy
still snowing in Colorado

I can understand your dilemma having to wait till the weather improves to get on the road.  Lots of things to do and see in the Black Hills as well as on the way there from your direction.

I'm with you!  Not the maiden voyage, but MAN we can't wait for this snow to melt!  Still 8-10" on the ground with the possibility for 2-4" more tonight.  :p  But the temps will reach 40s the next couple days, so hopefully *some* will melt.  I have a few RV projects I need to get to before we shove off... in April.  :(

Well would you believe we haven't had ANY snow in or around League City,TX.  22.00 and the outside temp is 70F.  Oh we have had rain but that does not require shoveling. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, you'd need to head a good bit north and east before you hit the white stuff we have here in IL.  I think you're safe... for now.  ;)

scottydl said:
Yeah, you'd need to head a good bit north and east before you hit the white stuff we have here in IL.  I think you're safe... for now.  ;)
We don't really plan on getting in snow on our way west. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ron said:
Well would you believe we haven't had ANY snow in or around League City,TX.  22.00 and the outside temp is 70F.  Oh we have had rain but that does not require shoveling. ;D ;D ;D

LOL! Send some of that rain over here to Hondo, we need it.  :D

Liz

jeverden said:
Thinking of going to mt Rushmore from southern B.C. this summer, anyone been there, any recommendations?? good places to stay, etc...

Our first trip was to Mt. Rushmore several years ago. They were just completing the new visitors center. We stayed at the KOA but I probably wouldn't go back. Stopped using them years ago. I will recommend going to the evening show, if they still have it. Very moving. I think we had to have reservations but can't remember for sure.

Take the toad up to the Needles. Very awesome drive through the sharp pinnacles. Do not drive an RV on that road!! There are several stone arches that could easily damage the roof line. Another nice drive is the dirt road through Custer State Park. You most likely will see a herd of buffalo along with wild donkeys. Do not approach the buffalo or donkeys on foot. We saw a whole group of fools running towards the herd to take pictures. There were babies among the buffalo which creates a disaster should someone get between them and their mothers. Also saw a woman being chased around a car because she got out to feed the donkeys, even though a big sign cautioned against it. I'm not sure she ever got back in. ;D

Another neat place to visit is the Badlands National Park but it's a distance from Mt. Rushmore

The Crazy Horse monument is also right there. I tis not done but it is stil amazing what they are doing.

We did go to the Crazy Horse monument but wasn't impressed with what they had done at that point. Didn't pay to go in but could still see what they had started. I just checked their website and it looks like they have done quite a bit more since '96. I thought I heard they had stopped the carving for a period of time. Hope they finish it someday.

The thing with Crazy Horse is it's entirely privately funded. They have been offered goverment grants in the past and refused them. I would like to see it finished in my lifetime but who knows if that will happen.

tonyb2377 said:
The thing with Crazy Horse is it's entirely privately funded. They have been offered goverment grants in the past and refused them. I would like to see it finished in my lifetime but who knows if that will happen.

I know what you mean! That's a project that will take many years to complete.

I am in exactly the same boat just brought the new rig home last Saturday.  Its going to be about 3 months before we start racing around here which is what we are going to primarly use this for.  This was my first expierence driving something like this in the snow  :eek: Nothin like trying the ABS brakes out on a vehicle thats 16,000+lbs

Craig

photo1
photo2
[edit]Changed links[/edit]

1kwik72 said:
I am in exactly the same boat just brought the new rig home last Saturday.  Its going to be about 3 months before we start racing around here which is what we are going to primarly use this for.  This was my first expierence driving something like this in the snow  :eek: Nothin like trying the ABS brakes out on a vehicle thats 16,000+lbs

Craig

photo1
photo2
[edit]Changed links[/edit]

What are your racing and where? I run a low 9 second bracket race drag car and our season opens the last week of March.

Attachments

• ph2868919850049068736.jpg
    ph2868919850049068736.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 21
Nice looking rig, Craig. But I see you have that same nasty white stuff that we've got here (although it looks like less of it). We're headed back south on Friday where racing starts sooner and there's no white stuff to shovel.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom