Carrying Important Documents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rldees

How do full-timers protect their important documents while on the road, i.e. car titles, insurance policies, wills, etc. Do you secure them in a lockbox, carry them in a folding file, or leave them in a secure location such as a bank box?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Bob Dees

I leave the originals in a bank safe deposit box and have scanned copies available online in case I need to access them on the road. I'm single so the executor named in my will also has access to the safe deposit box.

We carry reasonably replaceable documents with us in a one hour rated fire resistant safe mounted low near the rear of our front engine motorhome. Scanned copies of those and other documents that are kept in a bank safe deposit box are always available to us online. Our daughters have access to the deposit box if needed.

We have a small fire proof briefcase to store important papers and cash while on the road. Passports, vaccine cards, vehicle titles and the like.

I appreciate all of your replies. Now I need to sit back and decide which of these options I feel most comfortable using. Thanks for all of your replies.

Bob

We carry reasonably replaceable documents with us in a one hour rated fire resistant safe mounted low near the rear of our front engine motorhome. Scanned copies of those and other documents that are kept in a bank safe deposit box are always available to us online. Our daughters have access to the deposit box if needed.

That is how I did it. and the safe was JUST inside the door.. Kind of grab and go.
I still use it.

Except for driver licenses, carry digital or paper copies only. Leave originals is some safe place, e.g. bank box, fire safe (home or family member or lawyer). Note that many legal documents can be maintained in digital form these days, e.g. vehicle titles, property deeds, etc. Ask state or local officials if that may apply to some of your critical documents.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TXAg8430
Back
Top Bottom