Carrying in a RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This conversation is analogous to an avalanche; racing downhill at breakneck speed. As much as I enjoy a good argument I have learned that when the conversation deteriorates to the point this one has it won?t be long before it goes into that netherworld never to be seen again.

Oldgator73 said:
This conversation is analogous to an avalanche; racing downhill at breakneck speed. As much as I enjoy a good argument I have learned that when the conversation deteriorates to the point this one has it won?t be long before it goes into that netherworld never to be seen again.

:)) :))

Tom55555 said:
Bears, wolves and alligators are capable of harming you and your family so be prepared. I've always liked a 12 gauge for sport, hunting and protection.

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/500-jic/

I have one, perfect for home defense or in an airboat for snakes or emergencies. I do not recommend shooting goose loads......

steveblonde said:
I am 58 traveled the world been to 25plus states dozens and dozens of times in the Usa never once had the need to carry a gun never once been afraid never once been in a situation where a gun was ever needed never once been agressive when unwaranted never once been so paraniod about my safety always treated people with respect and always been respected

That's great and very happy that you have never had a situation arise. I have had two such situations and very grateful to the trucker that was carrying in the first instance, that taught me to carry also and was helpful in the second instance. Never leave home without one and usually never more than a convenient distance while at home. Not paranoid and never afraid.

There seems to be two schools of thought here; those that believe they need to carry a gun and those that believe they don?t need to carry a gun. Never will the two schools agree. But it seems the gun toting school is hell bent on letting everybody know they are carrying. Personally I don?t care one way or the other.

Way too funny - we see Bears and Wolves and Coyotes and Moose all the time hell even had them in the same campsite as me at tge same time. Yes a gun is like an insurance policy - if you have a gun and they have a gun someone is going to get shot. I also understand the need to want to protect yourself, however if you dont put your self in that situation nothing will happen. I have great friends in the states who carry a gun all the time for good reason - they go places they should go. Ive been the only white guy in downtown Compton LA in the middle of the day, getting gas but i wouldnt go there at night. I would stay home problem solved. I also respect its part of your constitution i get it when we bare arms we wear t-shirts.
I see it like this whole covid thing protect yourself and dont expose yourself to situations that could cause you harm. And as for the comment about its okay to break the law in some states to protect yourself. NO

You know where I stand,, so I'm done..  I did learn about what a" Duvac " alternator is in the last couple days,, when mine took a hike coming home from the last trip out. I have a Leece Neville Duvac system and had to learn about it to order the new one for a replacement..  I did not realize in all the years I've been twisting wrenches that an alternator could charge two battery banks at the same time while keeping them segregated.. The two banks can even be different voltages as in 12 and 24 which of course must be kept separate.. This system is found mostly on buss-es and motorhomes that use two banks..>>>Dan

Oldgator73 said:

Hats off to you for not engaging the debate - I can tell you have a lot of wisdom to add. I carry - you'll never know unless you are a bad guy. It's a choice. There are rules. I follow them. I have no agenda to convince anyone they are right or I am right regardless of how they feel about carrying.

I have been all over the internet on message boards for 33 years and no one has ever changed their mind on politics, guns or religion even after terrabytes of posts - LOL...

xrated said:
I agree that it needs to get back on track with the subject of the OP, but I also agree with everything that Utclmjmpr posted, and find his opinion to be extremely accurate and truthful.  I have offered a couple of suggestions to the OP and hopefully some of those, he will heed and follow through with.  Carrying Concealed is a personal choice and one based on many factors and decisions.  Let's let it go at that, and only offer hopeful solutions or suggestions for him.

For the OP.  Someone who buys a gun and doesn't learn how to use it is an idiot that I don't want to be near. Figure out the rules and please get trained.

I shoot twice a week and go to combat school twice a year. I believe in my heart I will never have to pull (59 years so far) but if I do, I will be as ready as I can be.

Also for the OP - If you are interested in home/rv protection get a short shotgun.  Less training and it's hard to miss.  Everyone knows the sound of a shotgun being racked - If you don't hear someone beating feet after that then they probably have a death wish...

xrated said:
In my opinion, that ^^^^ is pretty bad advice for someone that DOESN'T have a carry permit.  And even those that do, it is always advisable to check and see if your permit state has reciprocity with the states that you will be travelling through.
YOU are correct the person who is going to do you harm has already checked and it is legal for him to do what he wants.

Utclmjmpr said:
You know where I stand,, so I'm done..  I did learn about what a" Duvac " alternator is in the last couple days,, when mine took a hike coming home from the last trip out. I have a Leece Neville Duvac system and had to learn about it to order the new one for a replacement..  I did not realize in all the years I've been twisting wrenches that an alternator could charge two battery banks at the same time while keeping them segregated.. The two banks can even be different voltages as in 12 and 24 which of course must be kept separate.. This system is found mostly on buss-es and motorhomes that use two banks..>>>Dan

I'm done also, so in response to your posting......I know its off topic and thats the point.

Many of the  military vehicle owners replace their stock alternators with dual voltage alternators since the vehicle is 24 volts and many of the added accessories are 12 volt.  There are several aftermarket models that are much cheaper than the Leece Neville. Some companies are making adapters to add an extra alternator of different voltage.

There's an app - Legal Heat - recommended by two family LEO's, good information on what's legal where.

I'm Canadian and I carry legally in 49 states when traveling in our motor home. It's really not hard to find the information for each state. Use your google box and search firearms laws for RVers. There's a lot of info on the interweb.

95f5334j said:
I'm Canadian and I carry legally in 49 states when traveling in our motor home. It's really not hard to find the information for each state. Use your google box and search firearms laws for RVers. There's a lot of info on the interweb.

How does a Canadian ?carry legally? in the USA?

What are the regulations?

Apply for a permit to possess from ATF then register serial number with CBP for temporary import permit. Regulations are as mandated by each state. Been doing this for more than 15 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihesselden
Back
Top Bottom