Cat in the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best litter box mod I've seen was to a Class C with a full basement. They installed an almost invisible pet door through the inside step well into an adjoining 18x24" pass-thru compartment. The litter box stays under the floor out of sight and smell. When the litter box needs changed it is removed through the outside compartment door eliminating any mess inside. My Class C has the same setup but my wife is too afraid of her cat escaping accidentally so we don't take her camping.

We have 2 cats at about 11 years old. They are about to move in to our 5th wheel in May.
We have built a “CatOman”, an ottoman with litter box inside and it will replace 2 chairs at the table.
We also took a medium dog cage, added a 2nd level, the “leisure deck”, with a pair of beds for the back seat of the truck to use during travel. For this year, our “travel” will only be a couple of hours at a time. When we graduate to longer trips we have a plan for an attached litter box.
We have been training them on leashes. They don’t like it but I suspect they will get over it.
I like the idea of the litter box in the basement with access through a step riser. I thought of that but since the trailer doesn’t arrive home for another month, I was not comfortable constructing it this year.
Whew... sorry about the long post...

We had both a Catio and basement litter box in our last 5W. I made a cat door thru a cabinet on the front wall so cat could enter the under-nose storage area where he had a litter box and a screen on the outside storage access door. He luvved it!

My RV doesn't have a shower door and I shower in the clubhouse so I put the liter box in the shower.
We have our litter box in our shower as well - it's a slight pain to clean everything out prior to showering, but so far it works well.

Our cat (Stewie) tends to complain on bumpy roads. We leave him in a large crate with our back seats folded down so he can be close to us. We've found he does better if we're driving during his usual nap times. He does really well in the TT (when we're parked, of course...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom