CB Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be careful mounting an antenna on the air conditioner.  Highway standard clearances are 13 ft 6 inches. Most ac's are at 12 ft or higher. You're likely to lose a lot of antennas.

Ernie

If everyone in the group has android smart phones, have them install the free Zello apps, set up your own password protected channel, give everyone in the group the password, and you have your own channel, not accessible to anyone you don't invite in.
The normal (open) group channels on Zello are just like a CB, not private, and full of idiots, for the most part, but if you set up your own channel, it's long distance, and private.  I've done it in the past, and it works extremely well.

Just a thought!

rebelsun said:
If everyone in the group has android smart phones, have them install the free Zello apps, set up your own password protected channel, give everyone in the group the password, and you have your own channel, not accessible to anyone you don't invite in.
The normal (open) group channels on Zello are just like a CB, not private, and full of idiots, for the most part, but if you set up your own channel, it's long distance, and private.  I've done it in the past, and it works extremely well.

Just a thought!

Of course you first must have cellphone service, and more than just talk. Great for cities, not so much for many more remote areas, especially in the west.

Cell phones don't work in many of the places we go because there are no towers.  And it doesn't make any difference whether you have AT&T or Verizon or whatever if there are zero towers in the area.  That's why we use CBs.

ArdraF

Rarely turn mine on except when traveling with other campers. To much bad language to leave on other wise.

Back
Top Bottom